Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Which way does this fit?

Joolzy

Enthusiast
We have removed the valve (see photo) that connects the carb manifold and rocker box.
It has a large hole at one end and small hole at the other. Which end fits to the manifold?

thanks

DBD01435-E6BF-4458-A8E4-438B6F2B08DA.jpeg 8419C07A-4476-46E2-A3CC-D48DFC6B44BF.jpeg

It's not a valve it is a restrictor. As for a 1108cc (GTL) engine there are two different ones.
From the rockercover to carb 5,5mm and from manifold to carb 1,3mm as seen in this screenshot from PR1104.
Both rescrictors are different in diameter and callibrated holes.
Never seen a resctrictor with different sizes on either end.

1634914338542.png

I did my carb revision and I didn't take attention.

I think you are talking about this:
Screenshot_20211022_191756.jpg

Yes correct. We didn’t realise it had different hole sizes at each end until removed!
so… which end goes where?
I don't know the correct direction, but tomorrow I confirm how mine is installed

I have the small hole direction down and the big direction to the T

I have the small hole direction down and the big direction to the T
Great thanks. Still having problems with car. It will not pump fuel. Have replaced fuel pump, checked and cleaned carb, tank is clean, all pipes are clean. Take pipe off carb and fuel pumps correctly. Put it back on carb and no fuel pumped through

Did you put everything like before on the carb? What carb have you?

It sounds like your needle valve in the float chamber is stuck in the closed position. As the chamber gets filled, the float rises and shuts off the needle valve to stop the fuel supply.

Try what @mojobaby says..and if you changed the needle valve, put the old again. I'm from portugal too, if you need something tell me
Thanks yes will try that, but at the moment cannot get fuel to the carb from the pump. Where do you buy your spares in Portugal?

Thanks yes will try that, but at the moment cannot get fuel to the carb from the pump. Where do you buy your spares in Portugal?
But you only can't get fuel when the pipe is connect to the carb, right? So this can be what mojobaby said.

I don't have a place, I search in several, because it's not easy, normally I get end of old stocks.

But you only can't get fuel when the pipe is connect to the carb, right? So this can be what mojobaby said.

I don't have a place, I search in several, because it's not easy, normally I get end of old stocks.
Ok thanks.
where do you buy carb cleaner? Or what do you use and what is it called in Portuguese?

I used this product.. You can find other products for motorcycle carbs, and the result is the same

IMG_20210910_125326.jpg

Back