Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wing mirrors WANTED

Deano

Enthusiast
Hi R4 fans, nice to meet you all.
I wonder if anyone can help me with my search for some original Renault wing mirrors for my 1972 R4L which is undergoing a rolling restoration. They need to be the earlier chrome finnish type, not the later painted finnish. Any leads would be appreciated.
Tel, 07817 611 683 0r jumblesale@hotmail.com
Happy R4 motoring!

• DSC04366.JPG
    DSC04366.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I'm intrigued by the mirrors. My '73 car has wing mounted mirors and I wasn't aware of a factory door mirror before the black ones on the TLs. Were they an optional fit?

I noticed Derek from Renospeed.co.uk has similar mirrors on his car. Maybe he can suggest a source. If you do find out I'd be interested to find a set for mine.

me too

If you can find a source i'd be interested. Alternatively I was thinking of making up some brackets (like those used on the earliest r4s whrere the mirror was attached to the screen surround) and adapting some motorcycle mirrors. Nice car by the way.

I have a lead from Derek at Renospeed via a French company. The mirrors are on order. I'll let you know if they are any good and pass on the contact details when they arrive.

New chrome mirrors

I have just taken delivery of a pair of new chrome mirrors. They fit and are identicle to the originals. Chrome finnish is not the best, it looks a little thin in places, but I'm happy with them.

They are available from Neo Retro, 87220 Crouzeix Feytiat, France.
Telephone (0033)05 55 48 38 58, Fax (0033)05 55 00 27 96.

They have a website at www.neoretrofrance.com, however you can't buy them online you have to call, fax, or send a cheque.
The item reference number is 7407 (Retroviseur rectangulaire chrome), they are the same as for a Renault 8, 65.5mm between the screw holes. Being able to speak a little French would be very helpful when ordering.
They arn't cheap, €102.80 Euros including delivery for a pair, €35.12 Euros each item, but they look great.

Nigel

• DSC04379.jpg
    DSC04379.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 62
Steve, I think you'll find that's Euros if you look again. They would fit a GTL, 65.5mm between the screw holes is the same.

They look just right. Thanks for posting about where to get them - my French speaking friend should be able to order them for me. How did you get the money across - did they take a UK credit card over the phone?

Yeah, they will do that however my spoken French is not that good so I sent a fax.
Thanks for a great site by the way.

Steve, I think you'll find that's Euros if you look again. They would fit a GTL, 65.5mm between the screw holes is the same.

Sorry Deano - just having a 'senior moment'. I worked it out to around £72 the pair delivered - not cheap but very nice.

Back