Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

WTB: GTL in France

DavidN

Enthusiast
Hi folks,

I am still on the hunt for a GTL!

Body and chassis have to be in good condition.
Technical problems (suspension/engine/gearbox/missing parts/...) are no problem though.
(But I absolutely won't do a full restoration again!)

I'm looking for a car that can be used as a daily driver.

As I have to do the pickup with a trailer I am kind of limited as for the distance I would travel.
So somewhere in France would be perfect!

Thanks for your help!

David

Red one on UK Ebay, From portugal, Rust free, Looks like it had a bump at the back, Boot floor slopes down to the n/s, But good as ive seen in a long time,
Good luck David,

Reggie, thanks for telling me about that fantastic GTL!
I think it really is in a one of a kind condition and absolutely worth looking for!

But unfortunately for me it is ...

1/ too far away and
2/ probably the only colour I really don't like on an R4 :(

Cheers,

David

Auto Zug/Motorail

I have just returned from the UK with my new car (1948 Lancia Aprilia) and took the train from Dusseldorf to Narbonne in S of France and it was excellent and not too expensive if booked ahead

Google "motorail" and it comes up with a very comprehensive site covering all the options

If you could find a nice car down here, the train would be a very good way of getting it back. I think it even stops just outside Frankfurt, Neu-Isenburg if I recall.

The Leboncoin always has loads of cars - search on Languedoc, Aude or Herault. There is a good looking GTL F4 in Homps bit expensive though !

Hi simonandjuliet,

thanks for your posting! Unfortunately the Autozug is not an option.
I would have to drive the car to the train station to get it loaded onto the train and that will require number plates and an insurance.
It is possible to obtain temporary/transit plates with an insurance though but then it would be easier (and cheaper) to drive the car home.

I checked the R4 you mentioned but as I already have a van I'm looking for a GTL only.

Le Bon Coin is my first choice here, but as I speak very little French it is often very complicated to communicate with the sellers.
And unfortunately most of the French people don't speak English (or at least they pretend not to).

Plus most of my e-mails to LBC sellers stay unanswered.
The reason could be that LBC had a pishing-warning (!) for the sellers posted.
LBC recommends not to answer inquiries of people from countries like "Angleterre, Italie, Allemagne, Côte d'Ivoire...". WTF...? :evil:
A very strange compilation if you ask me, to compare the Ivory Coast with the UK, Italy, and Germany!

http://www.leboncoin.fr/phishing.htm?ca=10_s

Cheers,

David

Many thanks David, now I finally kow why ALL of my emails to LBC sellers stay unanswered... Even when I wrote in french...

Maybe a web anonymizer acting as a french IP would do that... Or ask some friend in France to do the communication instead of you. I did that on marktplaats.nl as it didnt let me email people as I m not from NL...

Hope you ll find a nice GTL soon!

The emails actually go through meaning the sellers will receive them even from a German or Italian IP.
Problem is that the people probably are to afraid to answer them.
Most usual you'll get nothing or only a very short notice from the seller to call him or her.

Hi David,
If you are not sorted I have a 92 gtl rust free condition but with a blown head gasket. Nr Bordeaux
Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for the offer!
Sonds very good, but unfortunately Bordeaux is too far away for me. :(

Just take some pics and post them in the "Sale" section.
I'm sure your rust free R4 will find it's new home soon!

Cheers,

David

Hi David, there's an absolutely stunning R4 parked outside a garage in Monbahus, which is in the Lot and Garonne Dept47. France

It was there 3 months ago and also one month ago when I drove past. Perhaps it hasn't been sold yet; I could take a drive and get some photos taken if you wish.

It's been completely overhauled, engine, body and upholstery and that's why the price is just over 4000Euros.

Let me know if you're interested..........

Thanks mojobaby!

Whow 4k Euros :eek: that car has to be immaculate.

To be honest I am kind of reluctant buying an already restored R4.
You never know what and how things have been done during a restoration.

I would really prefer to find a GTL in original condition with no rust.
(I know - It's like the needla in a haystack. :rolleyes:)
But at least time is on my side. I can wait I'm still young. ;)

Cheers,

David

Back