Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Its competition time again..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
Malcolm

There seems to be a lot of interest in people setting competitions on the site but sadly a lot of people miss the action as the thread is in an odd section.

Bluebell, Pepper and Greeney have all independently suggested that perhaps we should have a separate Renault 4 Competition section - What do you think?

If you think its a crap idea, then I will set this weeks competition in the Cafe section as normal. Needless to say only Bluebell and Pepper will find it, get the answer correct and win this weeks CD - all rather unfair!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me I'm a newbie round these parts so I'll go with what ever everyone else suggusts or to put it another way :D

I'm not sure people are missing the competitions threads. There are just not many people who contribute to the forum. Instead we are a small but high quality community.

We have maybe 15 regulars a day evenly divided between people who read the forum but don't post regularly, the people interested more in greasy bits, and people interested more in the social side. So your competition threads aren't doing badly just we don't have a big audience.

Small but high quality.......

That's us to a tee. I'm building up a smashing collection of CDs thanks to Ian. I don't know where he gets his ideas from. It's a shame that people are too shy to enter. But it gives Pepper and me a chance! :D

Righty am off to post a greasy bit on my BB thread!

Bluebell the next cd's mine all mine, Mwaahhhahaaahh

..Righty ho Pepper..

..But only if you can tell me where this is...or anyone else can have a stab as well, including you Bluebell

And as a surprise, this weeks' prize is Alma Cogan Greatest Hits

• DSC01824  email.jpg
    DSC01824 email.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 60
Oooh I can listen to never dance with an eskimo again.

better get guessing then.

Erm how about Nantes? Its quite a difficult picture to work out though.

It must be ******, your old stamping ground Ian, where you went to meet Alma and provided the inspiration for her hit single 'Now that I've found you'.

By chance Blanche was also there. Can you spot her?

Edit - Oops, nearly forgot it's Pepper's turn so I've deleted my guess!

..Good gracious Bluebell..

..Even I am confused after that clue - However as Confusious once said 'Girls that spend too long onspring, soon get offspring', I would wager a bet that you are onto the wrong city and a better clue would be 'Brazil'

Ask my Rocky Mountain High friend John Denver, he will know....if he bothers to reply...

Alternatively, I thought it was easy.

How much are you betting Ian? Are you as sure that I am wrong as I am that I am right? Did Confucius say that too?

BTW what was John Denver doing on a council estate in Leeds?

..A Panoramic camera?

..Very similar to the one Reida was lucky enough to receive recently as his prize although I am slightly worried as you managed by either luck or by judgement 'blink' out the correct number of letters on your previous thread!!

Perhaps as you once told me Bluebell, four wheels are better than 3!!

..What do you mean Malcolm?

..No one has named the city yet and ...IT COULD BE YOU MALCOLM..so name the city?

It would have been really easy if the clue had been "phone home". The only place I can think of where anyone would immediately want to go home would be Luton. So that's my guess.

Malcolm, yes, this morning was really too early for me. I did mean to say 'phone home'. I wondered why it didn't make sense to Ian!

Well spotted with your map. I think you get the prize for your map of that West Country place that begins and ends with an American hospital drama.

I've got a cunning plan. To make competitions more interesting why don't we just tease Ian and he decides if we really know the answer by way of the clues?

Back