Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Cartography

quatsch

Enthusiast
Hello everyone,

I have been developing a web page since several months now allowing people to put their Renault 4 on a map.

http://www.quatsch.fr/4lcarto/

Since I'm living in france and more present on the french renault 4 forum (r4-4l.com) the web-page was first only available in french. I've now translated it in to dutch and english.
When you visit the page from Ireland or the UK it should be shown automaticly in english. Please let me know if this isn't the case. Also, if you are visiting the webpage from a different country which main language is english, please let me know and I'll add it.

Yann

cartography

Hi Yann....Great work! Can you add Australia...quite a strong R4 community down here!!

Ok, I added Australia.
In principle when you visit the site from australia the map should be centred on australia and the language in english... can someone check this for me?

Ok, that seems to have been a problem indeed... the database I was using to translate users IP adresses into a country code was a little outdated ... I changed to a new one now which should be working better! This meens automatic translation should be a lot better when you get on the website.

Thanks Yann

I've recorded and am awaiting a confirmation email.

Come on team , let' all get on the map!

I like this! When I went on the page, it was in French but I see it's easy to change to English. I marked my 4L on the map but I haven't received an email yet.
Your country code is: XX
Your country code is: UK
en-US,en;q=0.8

OK, so I see some of you are getting UK as a country code and not GB.. I fixed that too (should be working now)

Confirmation e-mails might take several hours before you receive them ... or there is a big chance you got it in your spam-folder ... if nothing in 24hrs... please let me know...

I registered myself, I have to wait for the email to see my flag on the map?

I see some of the French users have put a table of information about their 4L and their forum contact details onto the map - is that simply HTML in the description box?

nope when you create a car or when you edit a car there should be a link called "Extra parameters" you can click on it and an extra "tab" will open.

Excellent idea! Just added my R4s.

What do you mean by "No. de finition?"

Back