Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Red tartan front seats/ covers wanted please

Wombelina

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

Sorry we missed you all at events this year - another one of those years that doesn't go to plan!!

Does anyone know of any red tartan seats/ covers that could be for sale. These came with the GTLs I think? I believe ours started life with the beige tartan interior but the red she has now looks really good.

We could do with both seats/ covers but the driver's side would do.

I'll be looking in all the usual places too. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Sorry we missed you all at events this year - another one of those years that doesn't go to plan!!

So to the seats - I know these are as rare as hen's teeth but I thought it was worth a post to see if anyone has or knows of any red tartan seats/ covers that could be for sale. These came with the GTLs I think? I believe our 4, Myrtle, started life with the beige tartan interior but the red she has now looks really good.

We could do with both seats/ covers but the driver's side would do.

As we drive Myrtle daily, the seat is teaking quite a bit of wear :eek:( We'll be needing to do a proper resto job on the seat stuffing with the new covers - we'll try to mend old cover but it is quite threadbare now so this is the beginning of the end I fear!

I'll be looking in all the usual places too, ebay, etc etc but if you have leads please do let me know :eek:)
Now available new from Franzoes

http://www.franzose.de/en/Renault/Alle/Komplette-Sitzbezuege-Saetze-/ANR88000/

Thanks for this qqcton :) I did see them just after I posted here. Also some at Melun Retro.

Does anyone know if these covers are identical to the originals? eg material, thickness etc or just a similar copy? These are pricey but might be our only option. But if the real deal, not too bad price-wise

Last edited:
Thanks for this qqcton :) I did see them just after I posted here. Also some at Melun Retro.

Does anyone know if these covers are identical to the originals? eg material, thickness etc or just a similar copy? These are pricey but might be our only option. But if the real deal, not too bad price-wise

If we bought a set we'd likely sell the rear covers at cost to anyone else who might need them but doesn't need fronts.. let me know if that might be you!

PS apologies for my being hopless at using the right smilies - i just can't get it!
Have fitted some in the reault reborn workshop and they do look good.
Door cards are also available and a full set although expensive make the car look like new again.

Cool :) They have the soft material centre part, qqcton?

We'll have to wait to buy a full set, but good to know we can easily get a them if needs be.

If anyone comes accross a drivers seat cover or pair in the meantime I'd be glad to hear from you :) Also anyone wanting to just buy the rear set.

These tartan covers from Melun are awesome - material is as per original specs, as are colours, and quality seems to be good, too.

These tartan covers from Melun are awesome - material is as per original specs, as are colours, and quality seems to be good, too.
Hi I ve got a full set the backs are good the front need cleaning to see if they come up ,if your interested i ll try to clean them Asaph I hopful

Back