Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R5 front traverse needed (for 5 sp.gearbox)

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hola amigos! Anyone have a spare front traverse ,at least innerpart/midsection where gearbox-mount is, from a R5 TS/TX/GTL w.5-speed gearbox??
-is for mounting R5 1400 motor plus 5-speed gearbox into F4

also would a R5 Alpine front (and poss.rear) sway-bar fit right on to a F4 (R2106) if bushings etc are
changed for fatter ones? anyone know exact dia on these R5Alpine ones?

-R.

so.no R5-traverses avail...anyone have one laying around that could draw an outline of the mounting-holes (for 5-speed gearbox) and give me an indication as to How far offset from the centerline mounting-holes are located ??? Thanx Much/-R.

The 5 cross member is completely different design to the r4 being straight and was only slightly different to the 4 speed r5
crossmember
It won't really help you with fabrication
I am waiting for pics of the side brackets made by cristoph
which leaves R4 crossmember untouched on here as he bought the gearbox ha1 off me with 1300 engine that you didn't want
It is now all in and running
He is due to me in next few weeks to get some parts so I will take my own if necessary

Ok, Thanx much Paul. I'd love to see those!
originally I thought if I had the outline/pattern I would be able to cut a square out of rearpart of traverse and drill holes to fit the g.box in
"front-skin" of traverse,but I'd agree sidemounths likely to look more slick and clever....

new 1400-motor and gearbox now Finally said to have landed here.... Hope to meet up in Rouen. Le Champ rumoured to be present too
-R.

Back