Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Silencer Wanted!

Flinty

Enthusiast
Hello, I am looking for a new Silencer for my lovely 'Cadbury' the Renault 4 van! Have held it on with putty, but now need to replace it .... does anyone have one or suggest where I can find one please as had no luck on eBay.

Many thanks - Rosie

Hi Rosie
Have a look at mister-auto.co.uk
You don't say which type of silencer or what size engine you have, but you'll be able to get what you need on the above site.
If it's an underwing silencer for the small (850) engines, then Bosal 200-627 (£28.70) might be what you need; if ditto for an 1100 engine, then Walker 01538 is the one (£24.05).
If the silencer is at the rear end of the van, have a look at Walker 01677 (£20.38).
You'll know which one it is by comparing the pictures with the silencer you have on your van - alternatively, do a search using your registration number (bearing in mind, however, that the system currently on your van may not be the one originally fitted.)
They're a good, reliable company.
Good luck!
Andy

Is it a rear silencer? Ie at the back of the car not in the front wheel arch.

I just bought a replacement from France through eBay for my car.

Def worth trying mister auto bought a 4 gtl radiator 29 50 free delivery
They have got an eBay shop as well sometimes better deals on there than website
Repeating this again but always put renault+4 followed by item wanted when searching ebay

Got one last year from Mister Auto. Recommended.

Hugest thanks to everyone for top tip on Mister Auto - about to be my new best friends hopefully! Front left wing silencer here I come - thanks again, I am really grateful. Rosie

Back