Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clan for sale in Brittany.

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
A friend of mine who lives near Broons in Brittany has this Clan for sale. I don't know much about this car, other than it's been parked in a dry barn for a while as can be seen from the photo. The odometer is on 80.000km I believe. He's open to sensible offers, so, if anybody is interested please pm me and I would be pleased to pass on his details. Many thanks, Brian.Photo0002.jpg
Here are a few more details I have just received from my friend:- 1989 Clan, vgc, floor/chassis no problems. 83000km. Just one owner before my friend. Drives very well, brakes all ok. As you can see it is metallic silver and it has a tartan interior. Scratch on RH front door and small dent on rear RH wing. New door and wing can be supplied. Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:
hi there.how about price for this litlle monster.thanks and greetings from croatia

O
A friend of mine who lives near Broons in Brittany has this Clan for sale. I don't know much about this car, other than it's been parked in a dry barn for a while as can be seen from the photo. The odometer is on 80.000km I believe. He's open to sensible offers, so, if anybody is interested please pm me and I would be pleased to pass on his details. Many thanks, Brian.View attachment 14414
Here are a few more details I have just received from my friend:- 1989 Clan, vgc, floor/chassis no problems. 83000km. Just one owner before my friend. Drives very well, brakes all ok. As you can see it is metallic silver and it has a tartan interior. Scratch on RH front door and small dent on rear RH wing. New door and wing can be supplied. Thank you for reading this.

OK! I'll be the first to ask.... What does vgc stand for in Brittany ??

Alice

We visit France a lot and will be in Brittany later next week.
Please advise on the engine type / capacity.
French M.O.T ??
Is it a runner/ good runner??

Hi,Brian, newby here also looking for my first r4,I would be very interested in this clan if still for sale ,regards nick.

Hi John, as far as I know it should be an 1108cc engine, with just 51000 miles on the clock. I don't think it has a controle technique. He assures me it's a good runner. If you would like my friends phone number I can pm it to you.

Regards Brian.

I've just been on the phone to my friend. He is going to get a controle technique on the car, and the price is 3500€ but I think he is flexible on this. The price will include a wing and door to replace the slightly damaged panels.

Nearly choked on my Coq au Vin when I read the asking price !
IRRITATINGLY talented your mate in France IF he's found a wing AND A DOOR to match the moss green body !
Still waiting for explanation for vgc ?

Astonished Alice
but best regards anyway

Very strange English buyers buying a french car just because it's near where they are visiting
Guess visiting Wales and calming apprentice down with a trip to carmarthen is too far out of the way

"very good condition" Alice

I keep my Beer Goggles for the Cinderella Hour in night clubs - to improve my regard of less attractive members of the opposite sex.

Not to gaze at neglected voitures that have been lured from a barn by a Massey Ferguson.

thanks for the translation anyway,
Bonne nuit. Dors bien,
dave

I don't think the picture does the car justice as I'm told the car has scrubbed up well, and is indeed in vgc.

Eagerly awaiting pictures that actually do justice to this potentially lovely girl !

best regards

We visit France a lot and will be in Brittany later next week.
Please advise on the engine type / capacity.
French M.O.T ??
Is it a runner/ good runner??
I think the suggested E3500 for a barn find is fanciful. I don't think we will be interested unless the expected price is dramatically reduced.

I think the suggested E3500 for a barn find is fanciful. I don't think we will be interested unless the expected price is dramatically reduced.
Clearly, you are overlooking how "vg" the "c" is !

No Brian,
I believe you have gained everyone's respect over many years.

IT IS YOUR VGC MATE IN FRANCE THAT GAVE ME THE HYSTERICS :waving:

Alice xx

CRITICISM: the analysis and judgement of the Merits and Faults of .....
A very thin line divides fact from knowledge. In cornish4's original post, we are shown a car in need of t.l.c. (fact)
Later, we learn that it is, indeed' in v.g.c. (knowledge).
Regrettably, we are not treated to any evidence in support of that claim (heresay)
The comments subsequently left reflect viewer's observations.
We do not know the nationality of the vendor, merely that he resides in Brittany, a beautiful patch on our planet (critical merit)
But, surely, the saying: - "you never get a second chance to make a first impression", is universal. And to apply that saying to the above photograph is apt.
Would a village baker place mouldy bread in his or her shop window to enhance sales? I believe not.
Hasn't our Cornish friend done exactly this, albeit on behalf of a third party?
Notwithstanding cornish4's prime intention to advertise a vehicle for sale, he has pulled-off a "coup-de-grace" with unrequested attention - the advertising executive's dream
I believe respondents are guilty of tongue-in-cheek lightheartedness, and nothing more.

With great sincerity,
Alice x

now I remember why I havnt been on here for ages....bitching and critisizing peoples posts. Back to the ROC I go....see you soon Brian....

:laughing:I fear we will all end up like those Bitching MG owners ,ha ha ha. chin up people or i start striping the old girl!

6-15pm last Sunday, was a golden opportunity to nip this in the bud, before things kicked off. The photo that has allegedly caused such offence could have been edited-out. A replacement picture establishing the car’s v.g.c. would have silenced the critics. To date, that photograph has not been forthcoming. Fast forward, Wednesday 8-16 am, lots of bonding and everyone kept their kit on! We were all there, with one exception. Our eyes focussed on the door each time it opened, but the person we wanted to hug most couldn’t make it. Another missed opportunity.

Nest, hornet and stir was that person’s chosen path. There is a man who will put an end to the bickering if we keep pushing. I, too, will now retire to my corner and enjoy the areas that reflect the values of the Renault 4 Forum.

That will follow my daily 2 hour walk with our German Shepherds on the edge of the Beacons and stripping-off for a nice hot shower afterwards. No more bitching from me. Absolute.

Just one question before I go……. What would trigger anyone to stripe their old girl?

There is an abundance of motoring forums, and I like them all…………….

But there is only one “Holy Grail”

Supper weekend everyone xx

Back