Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Electronic ignition kits

NickApp

Enthusiast
Has anyone fitted one to their R4 845cc model with Ducellier dizzy?

I want to make my quatrelle as reliable & dependable as possible & chucking the points out would be a good start

I don't think there is an electronic ignition for the 845cc. I have looked online a few times, but not found anything.

I would love to upgrade Mildred. I have had two condensers pack up in the last couple of years.

If anyone can help, I would love to hear too!

Interesting must find out exactly which distributor I have on my R2106 845cc.

I'm working on a real electronic ignition kit without points use and with new coils as well. I had to stop it because I don't have my car here in the UK, but I'm quite confident. I hope to make it work in January.
I'm trying to make a plug and play, fully reversible kit.
As soon as I can I'll post a thread here.

On most of the ducellier dizzy's you'll be able to fit a conversiankit.
But in the Netherlands we have a full electronic dizzy available for the 845 engine since this summer.
http://www.r-quatre.nl/index.php?it...&action=article&group_id=61&aid=29472&lang=NL

they are still expensive.
Im running a 123 electronic ignition on my F6 for the second year now. And am quite pleased with its performance.

On my project I'm still having a ducellier with vacuum advance.
fiddeling with points and the old fashioned way of timing the ignition is also quite enjoyable.
But for a daily driver I'd opt. for a full electronic dizzy.

Some R4 845 are fitted with large ducellier distributors using same cap and setup as 1108 gtl
mainly avalable 1976 on wards depending on country
This is the only type that after market kits are available for as far as I know
Those of you with tiny distributors need not apply
Hence the need for distributor numbers but guess a comparison photo would help the less experienced owners on here

Please Paul
Is attached a small or large version?DSC09221.JPG

Engine number is 8186070
RL 3790

That's the bigger one that's the bigger 1 the smaller one is much smaller and uses completely different points setup anything listed as suitable for 4 GTL ducellier will fit

That's the bigger one that's the bigger 1 the smaller one is much smaller and uses completely different points setup anything listed as suitable for 4 GTL ducellier will fit
Hi Paul
Thank you for that information.
Regards
Tom

I say chaps .....I bought a tiny electronic ignition kit from these guys: ignitioncarparts.co.uk
Brilliant results! Mine currently uses the points but they no longer spark so do not need adjustment or replacing periodically. However it can be used without points too with a little modification. Kit as I recall was about £40 which seems a lot for an item the size of a small matchbox. However much improved top end speed, starting and economy. They now appear to do replacement electronic dizzys

I say chaps .....I bought a tiny electronic ignition kit from these guys: ignitioncarparts.co.uk
Brilliant results! Mine currently uses the points but they no longer spark so do not need adjustment or replacing periodically. However it can be used without points too with a little modification. Kit as I recall was about £40 which seems a lot for an item the size of a small matchbox. However much improved top end speed, starting and economy. They now appear to do replacement electronic dizzys

I've just taken the plunge & ordered the one that Jonathan is using on his car. Will fit it at the weekend & report back on my experience of it too.

Well I gave up on the kit that I ordered as it simply would not fit properly, so I ordered one from Aldon & having fitted it, the car starts & idles perfectly, far smoother idle & pick up than prior to fitting the kit.

Highly recommended

I am raising this topic as i need your help on same mater.

Have found on ebay.co.uk. accuspark ignition kit for ducellier distributor from 57-77.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180869067024?euid=986dbd84f3d747ebabd9988b37dd1e59&cp=1
They do not know will it fit to my ducellier R244D61 distributor.

Does anyone here have info will this kit fit my distributor?

Is it same thing as one that powerspark is offering
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110723906308 (this one does not ship to Croatia)
iMacThere4iAm installed this powerspark kit in his GTL

Back