Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1957 4CV on Ebay

Tomcat

Enthusiast
A 1957 4CV on ebay under item number 171748056800.
Has started at £0.99p.
As it is in area where I live, will go and have a look at it, when seller replies to my request to view.
He appears to be seeking £2500 for it as is.

Best way to find 4cvs in UK is through Robin Redrup the RCCC registrar he has records of most of the uk cars going back 30 years and knows which ones are for sale.That car looks a lot of money for the work required.Parts are available but at a price.
There have been quite a few on e bay but most change hands by word of mouth.

Had a reply from the seller.
Car is in France still. Will be shipped back if sufficient monies are bid.
I have pointed certain things out to the seller and maybe we will see a revised listing.

See the listing has been ended when at £102. with 2 days to go still.
Reason given I found amusing " This listing was ended by the seller because the item was lost or broken"

Any of our French members seen it on a French site somewhere?

It is not on the Bon Coin. I think €2500 was a little ambitious, I just bought mine for that and it is complete, and I have driven it.

He also says they only made LHD cars - there are quite a few RHD cars in the UK. I think the guy is unable to sell it in France and is trying to get at least come cash out of the Brits - with out the CT it can't be registered in the buyers name and I assume cannot be imported and registered in the UK (unless the seller does that first).

Back