Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1966 (early) water pump needed

fantome

Petite Fantome Gris
Anyone know where I can get one and have it shipped to USA? Also need the curved rubber petrol filler hose. Mine is badly cracked and needs to be replaced.

French ebay site usually has one or two pumps on offer. As regards a petrol filler hose, anybody breaking a 4 will probably have one. Again ebay france has people offering a wide range of spares. I would think most will post to the USA. The other ebay site that might have Renault 4 bits is Canada, given the Gallic influence in the East of the country.

If your car is a R1120 then Quinton Hazell's Part Number is QCP 539 without pulley, QCP 539F with pulley. Quinton Hazell (in the UK) still have this part number on their list but it does not say if there is any stock. It would need to be ordered from a QH dealer - maybe you have them in the States?
Also see this thread on the forum for more info http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1485

If the later plastic petrol filler pipe fits the early models then I should imagine it's still available from Renault.

All "small engine" water pumps will fit on your engine, the differences are on the drive pulley. Earlier ones had a removable pulley held with a nut, later ones had that pulley pressed on. Early pumps are sold without that pulley. So if you have a "late" car and you order an "early" pump you end up with no pulley... But since your R4 is early, there is no real problem, you simply don't use your old pulley.

Back