Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1977 R4 TL restoration made in France

Good evening, just few pictures of the TL:
230 Accessoires remontés.jpg
231 Trois-quart arrière.jpg

I'm actually waiting for 2 new chrome-plated mirrors, ordered few days ago, and I'm also looking for clips to fit the right moulding on the rocker panel...

Good evening ;)

Chris, even it looks better, let me tell you that there is still a lot of job to do on the car... I'm eager to show it to the seller... I'm sure he will be surprised...

Montenegro, I live In Franche Comté, in the north-east of France. And as you notices I was surprised not to find an opil filtrer on the engine, but it appeared that these engine had no filter...

Hi all,

I received a parcel today...
234 Colis pièces.jpg

Two chromed-plated mirrors :cool: :cool:
235 Rétroviseurs chromés.jpg

I know that 1977 R4 have light grey painted mirrors, but I didn't find these ones, and I also find that chrome plated mirrors look better on my car...
236 Rétroviseurs montés.jpg

beaufitul car man, very nice job! very nice color!

where did you buy the mirrors? And after mounting them, do you see what you want to see in them? :) Cos I bought similar mirrors at ebay, but they cant be turned into a good angle position.. :-@

beaufitul car man, very nice job! very nice color!

where did you buy the mirrors? And after mounting them, do you see what you want to see in them? :) Cos I bought similar mirrors at ebay, but they cant be turned into a good angle position.. :-@

I bought them at 4L-R6 club of France for 30 € each, I already see the same ones on ebay or leboncoin, and I have to admit that... if in the driver side mirror I see what I want to see !... in the passenger side mirror... hum, hum, hum :eek: :eek: not very efficient, I have to lie down on the dashboard to see anything in the second one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In fact, I bought two mirrors especially for the aesthetic point of view...

1977 details

I know that 1977 R4 have light grey painted mirrors??
- i have in mine 1977 black plastic mirrors

I do not have those middle rims, was it original in yours?

I wonder also yours back door windows, you have slide windors, i have fixed windows.

..just curious

(I am desperately waiting for to get my vehicle to painting workshop on thursday, during weeksend i opened 3 not turning wheel drums containing a lot of rust-not opened/not rolled since june 1989)

Good evening,

thanks, really nicer that it was when I bought it in november 2011, but I repeat: this is not a full restoration, just the repairs to get the french CT, I hope to have it at the first time. Actually I'm waiting for a better weather, it rains everu day for several weeks :mad: :mad: I don't want to make it dirty :cool:

orsome, yes, these middle rims were original, and I do have slide rear windows, this is the R4 TL, and it was the most "luxurious" model of the R4 range: hub caps of wheel, slide windows, stainless steel... "baguettes" (english please ?)...

It's not a full restoration no, that's obvious, it's nothing like what for instance I am doing of what Malcolm did on the Gordini, but I admire how much work you do on the car in such little time, that's praiseworthy! Especially considering your work on your other cars as well! ;)

Hi,

If I had all the time I need, if I had all the money I need, etc, I would restore all my cars from A to Z, and they would be better that when it were news... BUT :mad: :mad: this is not the case :( So I started with my lovely grey GTL, the first car I owned when I got my driving licence, and when I will be able to do the same on my others cars, they will certainly be restored like the GTL ;)

But actually, even the TL is not full restored, I love this kind of thing :D
003 Vue arrière.jpg
231 Trois-quart arrière.jpg

I don't know if you know how many R4 I possess... I have a blue GTL that I drive almost every day (92000 km), my grey GTL I actually restore (200000 km), the TL I repaired (76000 km), and the last one, the F4 (107000 km). I hope to have the old 1968 Export that I already told you about, but I have problem with the "carte grise"... And finally I would like to have an old R4 with the first front grille...

Many projects, many ideas but... hum, not a lot of money :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Money, time and perseverance, those are the 3 essentials!

But you're doing a few projects at the same time, that must make things even more hard right? Good luck! the TL certainly looks a lot better than when you bought it ;).

I bought them at 4L-R6 club of France for 30 € each, I already see the same ones on ebay or leboncoin, and I have to admit that... if in the driver side mirror I see what I want to see !... in the passenger side mirror... hum, hum, hum :eek: :eek: not very efficient, I have to lie down on the dashboard to see anything in the second one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In fact, I bought two mirrors especially for the aesthetic point of view...

Yeah, same here, aesthetic reasons :) I ve glued a small round one on it that shows a wide angle, so now I m able to "use" it :))) Get something like this if you dont want to fall asleep while lying down repeatedly.... :):eek::smile:

Yeah, same here, aesthetic reasons :) I ve glued a small round one on it that shows a wide angle, so now I m able to "use" it :))) Get something like this if you dont want to fall asleep while lying down repeatedly.... :):eek::smile:

I'm going to think of it, thanks you :p :p :p :p :p

Today I took my little TL for a nice little trip, but the engine was absolutly awful, fall of the engine speed before again a normal functioning, a real nightmare on the road :eek: :eek:

After a quick check-up I cleaned the carburettor and found this:
260 Joint neuf.jpg
264 Filtre encrassé.jpg

The fuel filter was totally filled with a dirty thing looking like some mud... After fitting a new one the car worked again perfectly :D :D

Good morning :)

I have a bad new... I sold my R4 few months ago... I needed place for my other cars and money to finish my house... so I sold it to a young belgian guy, fond of R4"s wich promised to me not to go to Morocco to make this 4L Trophy of sh... I was sad to let my car going far, but I'm sure he will take care of it and finish the restoration I started. I'm happy to think that this car has a nice story: bought in France, parked outside during 15 years, saved by me and finally sold to a young enthusiast from Belgium.... he drove a R4 for the first time when he came home with his father, and he found it awesome !!! Here are some pictures of the transaction...
265 Sortie.JPG
269 Chargement terminé.JPG
270 Ancien et nouveau proprio.JPG

It's out of subject but the money I won with this sale was used to do that...
AZ. Vue n°3.JPG
BD. Vue n°7.JPG

Both the car and the house are very nice.

(currently waiting from my 4GTL to come back from the paint shop, so building a new garage while I wait..... :) )

Hi Tripyrenees,

"le crépi ça coûte cher" !!... this is one of the reason I sold my TL.

What a good idea to build a garage for your lovely car, good luck for the job :D

Back