Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1984 Renault 4 GTL Free

allwojoh

I have a 1984 Renault 4 GTL that hasn't moved for 5 years. It was runnung until I took the engine out and started dismantling the body. Sadly I ran out of time, money, health etc. and it's just sitting in my garage. It's quite rusty and would need a fair amount of effort to salvage. I'm now moving house and need to get rid of it within the next 2 or 3 weeks. It's a drag it onto a trailer job to move it. I don't want any money for it, but you'll have to arrange collection from my house in St. Leonards on Sea, East Sussex.

Is this on wheels and rolling or a bare chassis and separated body?

Last edited:
It's on wheels. The front wings (mostly rust!) have been removed, the engine is out and the doors are off.

don't all rush at once lol
i am in sussex and will take it (but don't really need it) if no one wants it more urgently

There is a scrap yard about a mile from my house but I'd hate to see it go there. I took all the accumulated junk off it in the garage yesterday and I still think it's a viable project for someone.

Any pictures that might get someone excited ? Ebay would be an option as i suspect everyone on here capable of commiting to a project resto is already full up space wise
I can collect and assess car and would only break it if uneconomic as have 3 already non runners

Right we'll come and get it please.

Got to come down from Warwick, would next Saturday be OK?

Pictures of it would be great.

Last edited:
Pepper it will be even better if it's got a floor and chassis lol

Yeah I know what you mean, but I'm picking it up for a friend and if it's too much work then we'll save it and get another chassis/body to utilise the parts for. Better than scrapping it, I really really should have bought that van the other week tho!

20140620_131321.jpg Bobble is coming to get this on tuesday as my storage space is only available till December and want to concentrate on the rodeo and shouldn't be collecting more

Hi Allwojoh, will it be alright to come and pick up the car this Saturday please?

I'll message you my phone number.

Regards

Richard

Pepper yours as bad as I am!. Too many projects around me and every thing I (apart from the firm's Saab) needs a little job or two sorting out. And no time to sort them. Still I say its an early retirement plan.

come on then pepper let us know how wonderful this car was that you have picked up :-)

Sorry I'm in Belgium working at the moment, i didn't get it for myself, a friend paid for me to go and get it and he's going to put it back together. It's been stripped down quite a lot, we had to put the doors back on before we put it on the trailer and the engine and box are in the boot.

We'll probably strip the body off and sort the chassis out then we need some decent inner front wings if anyone's got any.

Back