Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

1998 Laguna 2.2 Diesel fuel problem.

lagunanewbie

I recently limped home in my laguna (felt like fuel starvation). I had the feeling that I may have run out of fuel.

I put a 5 Lt can of diesel in and tried to start it with no luck. Referring to the Haynes manual, I proceeded to prime the system but could not get fuel to the bleed valve.

I cobbled together a vacuum system and successfully got fuel to the pump, still wouldn't start.

I figured it must be the stop solenoid that was causing the trouble, so following the Haynes manual, decided to remove the solenoid. I spent a couple of hours trying to remove the part, totally destroying it in the process, only to find that it wasn't the solenoid after all.

I haven't got a clue what part I managed to take off, or for that matter where the stop solenoid could be.

Grateful for any help.

I had a simlar fault on a 21 and it ended up been the pickup pump on top of the filter?
Hope this helps

Simon

Have you replaced the fuel filter?

I recently had this on my old Master, the poor thing would tick over ok but as soon as you put your foot down it would struggle. Changed the fuel filter and all was fine again.

Oh and if you can't get hold of a filter today, you could always take it out rinse it through and clean it as best you can to see if that will help temporarily?

Back