Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

2009 Kent Run Photos

1CV R4 taking its time to get to the Kent trot

Being one of the privelidged sorts that know Lord Stanbury of Dulwich and his penchant for R4s our family holidays have turned into R4 spotting conventions.

We wondered into our local village of Santa Barbara to mingle amongst the celebrations for the day of the revolutions when we stumbled into this fine beast pictured below.Being a 2CV fan the irony of a one horepowered R4 gives me a fabulous internal chuckle.

I started chatting to the driverrider of this vehicle and though my Portuguese is not tip top it transpires that he was making his way to the kent meet and was absolutely thrilled that at last somene knew where kent was.Did anyone see him at the run?

There are a couple more snaps taken and a sighting of 5 R4 fourgonettes lined up outside a restaurant takeaway ready for delivery action but alas no photograph this time will try when we are next out.

a la procahine

Andre

• 1cv in the village.jpg
    1cv in the village.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Bill and 1cv.jpg
    Bill and 1cv.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 221
  • down the drive.jpg
    down the drive.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 225
  • quinta do carma.jpg
    quinta do carma.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 227
heres a few pics wont post too many as they are mostly the same shots everyone else has :)

2009gen083.jpg

2009gen079.jpg

2009gen061.jpg

Great photos.

The Gordini is owned by the organiser Renospeed. See wolf in sheep's clothing.

Had a thought about a potential Bedford based meeting while on the run. How about a treasure hunt of about 10 miles length, but a few hours duration where all of the clues are in pub beer gardens? That could be entertaining (pubs serve food and drinks other than beer).

The horse drawn R4 didn't make it to the run sadly.

Thank you

Hi Everybody,and thank you all for coming. Appologies for the length of the run, but we did it in 1 hour 45 minutes on the test run. I think we were victims of our own success and had to wait longer than anticipated at the dodgy junctions.
I am posting some more photos, some taken by Harry!

• Kent Run 001.jpg
    Kent Run 001.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Kent Run 002.jpg
    Kent Run 002.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Kent Run 006.jpg
    Kent Run 006.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Kent Run 008.jpg
    Kent Run 008.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Kent Run 011.jpg
    Kent Run 011.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Kent Run 003.jpg
    Kent Run 003.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Kent Run 025.jpg
    Kent Run 025.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 187
The length of the run was fine for us :) Thanks for these pictures.

Malcolm, a Bedford-based meet sounds good!

Thanks for joining in Becky. :hug: I love the photo of your young one in your silver R4.

The run was a bit long for me. It's two and a half hours for me to get to Kent in the first place and I only go down to natter to people so I don't like the driving bit. I liked the long stop in the middle of the first run when Ian treated me to a Chinese for lunch. I tend to miss breakfast as start time from here is 07:45. Lunch isn't great in the tea rooms, and it's 20:00 by the time I get back to paradise and can kill a pig for supper.

So. Next time a 30 minute run with a long stop for lunch after 15 minutes. :D Or better a compromise as I'll not stop hugging you if you organise it that way.

What format for a potential Bedford meet? And which date? We've got a lot of space here and a BBQ. I was thinking of a short treasure hunt devised in such a way that we all pass each other in opposite directions and can confuse the locals even more than I already do. Clues would be in pub beer gardens. I'm not great at organising things, so would need persuasion and help along the way.

Beauty and the Beast.

Here's a few more pix from the run including a couple of 'under bonnet' views comparing Ornella's tiny alloy block 750cc and Derek's gordini monster :shock:. I had a wonderful stay with Malcolm on the way south and we convoyed with young Pepper and his wonderful family to Kent for a great run out.:cool:

• PICT0169.jpg
    PICT0169.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 136
  • PICT0170.jpg
    PICT0170.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT0173.jpg
    PICT0173.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 133
  • PICT0179.jpg
    PICT0179.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 134
  • PICT0191.jpg
    PICT0191.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 132
2009 Kent Run on TV - sort of

Hi everyone.
If you remember I did some TV filming at the 2009 Kent Run. At that time we thought we might be making a programme dedicated to the 4 but Renault didn't want it in the end, instead I made one about the Floride which can be seen on Renaults web TV service here
However the filming we did with you has made it into another film which covers the whole history of Renault's 110 years, and can be seen here
If you're impatient you can scroll to 38'20" in where there's a few minutes dedicated to that sunny afternoon and a star turn from Dereks fantastic Gordini 4.
I've made another film about the 5 as well which can be seen at the same place as can many other interesting older archive films.
Hopefully Renault will want a 4 special next year to celebrate the big 50th Birthday!
All the best and thanks to all those who contributed but weren't shown, only the best looking could be included in the end;)

That's brilliant Theo. I'm not in it and Ermintrude (the yellow one) gets the most screen time. Couldn't have turned out better :D

I've watched the R5 film a few times. It's a good record of the history of the car. If you get the chance to do something similar with the R4 we'd be happy to support where we can.

spent ages watching Renault TV after a friend of mine swears he saw me on it schedules dont match skytv guide so keep ending up recording roadtests of new lagunas
was going to post a question about this last week

DVD possible

spent ages watching Renault TV after a friend of mine swears he saw me on it schedules dont match skytv guide so keep ending up recording roadtests of new lagunas
was going to post a question about this last week

Mr Reno
The Renault TV schedules are complete nonsense, they've been at it for 9 months and still can't get it right. YOu'll also find your sky + doesn't record subtitles! Good job Renaults aren't as unreliable eh?;)
If you can't find it or watch on the Web site I'll post you a DVD or two. PM me with your address and it's done - least I can do.
Cheers
Theo

Back