Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

63/67 driveshafts

Tony le joux

Enthusiast
Hi anybody out there got a spare 63/67 driveshaft wont be able to go to thenay other wise

The Dutch R4 club has plenty of those in stock.

If you send my a picture of the one you want I can have a look for you.

Regards, Robert

Hi thank you for your reply sorry its been a bit long for a reply have had family over so banned from computer it will be great if you can help I will scan a picture to you with the mesurments img045.jpg

Either one that has been circled I presume? as long as its 276mm?
I'll look in to it.
Coming Saturday they are open.
Regards, Robert

hi Robert yes thats the ones thanks for your help will you be going to thenay in july

No Unfortunately I will not be there. But one of my mates wil. So if they have the right driveshaft he can bring it down for you.

Not wish to stop you buying very early shafts as there is definitely a length difference but I have fitted 2 new old stock later aprox 71 model shafts to a 65 car as I was having clearance issues and decided that I would use later type shafts and probably have to shorten them by 10mm to suit
Once I had resolved the over long front shocker issue I offered later shaft in to place with the inner gaiter slid back and the grease wiped to observe the tripod joint position in the suspension raised and lowered positions also turning steering full lock
I then experimented with driving car on axle stands to check for problems all good in all positions so no shortening necessary
See my thread here
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/ornella-came-to-visit-my-workshop.6960/
After reseting ftont torsion bars as was a little high customer confirms all ok now 20150328_151002.jpg
Later inner joint fitted to 3sp box 20150323_130422.jpgplenty of clearance this end and longer life joint type 20150402_152522.jpg
What happened to the metal type joints with dust covers ripped off by contact with wishbone

Not wish to stop you buying very early shafts as there is definitely a length difference but I have fitted 2 new old stock later aprox 71 model shafts to a 65 car as I was having clearance issues and decided that I would use later type shafts and probably have to shorten them by 10mm to suit
Once I had resolved the over long front shocker issue I offered later shaft in to place with the inner gaiter slid back and the grease wiped to observe the tripod joint position in the suspension raised and lowered positions also turning steering full lock
I then experimented with driving car on axle stands to check for problems all good in all positions so no shortening necessary
See my thread here
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/ornella-came-to-visit-my-workshop.6960/
After reseting ftont torsion bars as was a little high customer confirms all ok now View attachment 14084
Later inner joint fitted to 3sp box View attachment 14086plenty of clearance this end and longer life joint type View attachment 14085
What happened to the metal type joints with dust covers ripped off by contact with wishbone

Hi paul it seems thats what caused the problem in the first place a previous owners mechanic fitted a longer drive shaft as a replacement as they could not find a proper one which forced the gearbox over and ruined its self by tearing the rubber gaiter and buggering up the uj found a new old stock at a bourse des exhange had it fitted with the gearbox back where it should be found that the other shaft now not under tension was also knackerd so need a correct size to restore voiture

Back