Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

6v bulb kit

Claire

Enthusiast
In preparation for our trip to Thenay we need to assemble a spare bulb set.

Our 1968 R4 needs 6v bulbs so can you advise on the best place to source them, and exactly what bulb type or reference do we need for lights and indicators and brakes etc.

Many thanks

Claire

Its Chris at Cambs auto bulbs, he's a mate of my dads, heavily into his american v8 cars. There is also BelguimBeige on the forum, you can get 6v marshall bulbs via him

Cambridge bulbs are trade only but have tried emailing a couple of other suppliers as the first query is what bulbs do wee need, and then we can source them.

Will update on what we get and where from.

Claire

Thanks Steve

Unfortunately the car is not here at the moment to get the bulbs out of !

Have sent email to someone on French EBay.

Where have others on here bought 6v bulbs from or does everyone do a 12v conversion ?

Ian

I bought my last lot from Franzose: http://www.franzose.de/en/Renault/R4/Leuchtmittel-Gluehbirnen-12-Volt/

They mention which cars the bulbs fit - you won't go far wrong buying all the 6V ones that mention R4 under the description. postage is the most expensive bit from those guys, so no matter if you order one or two extra bulbs- that's how I did it (4 pages there - scroll to the bottom and click the right arrow for the next page).

if I'm not all wrongly informed Der Franz (Ansgar) will be present at Thenay.Don't know if they will bring all their R4-stuff but ordering for cheaper/free delivery on site could be a poss I guess. -R.

We eventually sourced a set from shoppingdirect4u having found out which bulbs we needed from Ring Automotive so hopefully legal for our trip to Thenay - all we need is the car back from the body shop !

Ian

Back