Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

7th Renault meeting, Slavonski Brod, Croatia, 31.08.2013.

Serz

Enthusiast
Alright, I know I'm boring you with stories about gatherings in "these parts" but this one is "big one". Well... big one in "these parts", anyway. I'm also aware that for most of you this is a very long drive, that there is not so great economy situation... but still – invitation stands, and I hope some of you would eventually turn up. My friends from Slavonski Brod entrusted me with a task to present you this event.
The place – Slavonski Brod, Croatia, EU.
Date – 31.08.2013.
Event – 7th (more-less) annual Renault meeting in Slavonski Brod.

As you can assume from the title of the event it is not exclusively about Renault 4 but Renault in general, but, believe me, it's not far from it. Here are a few pictures from 2011. meeting so you can get the idea.
Meeting place – city center:

And the camp site at the mountain home:

As you can see there are about 31-32 R4's and several other Renault cars – from 1970. R16 to brand new Megane RS.
About event in general: Renault club Croatia has many local branches and the one in Slavonski Brod is among the best. They organized several meetings so far since 2006. and the quality and quantity rised every year so far. Last time (2011., main theme – 50 years of Renault 4) there was over 50 Renault cars mostly vintage such as R4, R16, R5, but also several new Renault models. Slavonski Brod has very strong R4 scene, and represents kind of R4 gravitation center of the region in some way. I suppose some of the forum members who attended past events in Slavonski Brod (like John Doe for example) can verify this. If you own R4 from Slovenia to Serbia – this event is the place to be. Hopefully one day – even further away. Last time there were crews from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hertzegovina, Hungary and Serbia. The organizers hope that this year this list will widen even more. Gathering is scheduled for 31.08. 2013. 10:00 to 12:00 in the city center followed by drive trough the town of Slavonski Brod to the mountain home nearby where the main events are to take place.
Accommodation and prices: Default accommodation is mountain home. Many guests will sleep in tents so this is also an option (first if you ask me – oak and evergreen tree forest). Price for one person including lunch, dinner, sleeping (mountain home or tent), breakfast, coffee and a few drinks is 20 euros. Also available – hotels in Slavonski Brod (paid extra, and not managed by the organizers but easily arrangeable and just 3-4 miles away from the main event place.) Since we, R4 fans, don't drive the fastest cars I suppose it is reasonable for the participants that are more than circa 350 km away to come day earlier – friday, 30.08.2013. (I also will be there day before although I'm just 160 km away.) In this case accommodation arrangement is the same (sleeping tents or mountain home) plus dinner at friday and price per person is 25 euros. Beer, and other beverages (after you spend free ones) is around 0.7 euro.
Organizers ask that participants apply 7 days earlier at the latest. I am available if you have any questions.
Well, that's about it. Hope to see you there.
For those who speak "the lingo"... http://renault4.rs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2354

It was a great meeting. Around 30 cars, more than 2/3 of them R4. I will not bother you with details, just a few pictures, and a video clip so you can get the idea. The excellent atmosphere can't be described anyway.:D

Don't you just hate that there is not some kind of cower on the inside of the trunk door? Well, Johnny decided to make one, and educational one too. He said that he could not be bothered any more to speak to all the people that ask him about Renault 4 so he made a little collage. :lol:

Anyone recognize these two cars? First that answers correctly gets free drink at the next event we meet. Except the owners, of course. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aeFRAbKNtAE

Can I try, can I try......pleeeeeaaaase, pretty pleeeasee :D

How about this: I know that you know so if you ever decide do come to any event you will get a drink from me. :D

Great, so to clear it out .......I know that you know that I know......nice :)

Drink is a deal, but first i need to assembly my boxed R4, and that will happen ......one day......in future....i hope......;)

See you then!

Back