Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

A few final parts to complete my restoration...

Charliemouse

Garagiste
hi again all,

After my first "wanted" post: I managed to get door seals from Greece (thanks Angel) and a lot of pointers where to source parts like the aluminium grille that came from French eBay...

Just a few things to complete the job - all help welcomed!

Fuel filler cap... mine is cracked (got a nice symbol of a petrol can on it.)
Roofrack (for an F4). Can't find one!
Rear door handle - seems like one of the door ones (can't remember which side- but they are handed). They are a greeny colour and plastic. One of the studs sheared off when dismantling for the re-paint :(
Gordini wheel nuts - in case the wheels I found from a nice man at the other end of the country ever arrive! (Ive seen the artical about modifying - prefer proper ones)

Thats it...

Thanks

Charliemouse

No chance for Gordini wheel nuts other than the threads you can find using the search. Did you see the thread about modifying ones that look much the same?

For the fuel filler cap I used eBay for my last one. Nice plain stainless steel thing (that for some reason doesn't have a breather).

Door handle - Would it be a grey plastic one like the GTLs have? Perhaps with moss on it to make it look green? They are a bit handed. I might have one depending on which side.

Good luck with the roof rack :D

For the roof rack, keep an eye out on French Ebay. If you haven't been there - "Auto: Pieces, Accessoires", type in Renault 4L, and click on "RECHERCHER". They do come up infrequently, and most are happy to send to the UK.

I have an original french roof rack, its a long one which goes over the cab as well...Its in black metal and will need tidying up and repainting... I could dig it out and get it photgraphed at the weekend if its the sort of thing your after...

Stuart,

As long as its not actually rotten I'll take it... please call me (07966 278388) and I'll arange to collect ir. Parents in law are in Leicester so no drama.

Regards
charliemouse

Back