Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anyone able to identify this?

vanillawick

Hello!

You're all gonna think I'm crazy...why? I can't drive! Anyhoo, what is this renault "thing"?!?! I sort of need to know because I'm getting it!

Please help...I'm cluelss, ditzy and blonde!

Thank you!

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 241
hi ,you would love driving one gears are back to front as well as left hand drive its an estafette , available in 850!!! r4 power although hopefully 11 or 1300 cc
my friend has 3 in his garden one terminal ,2 debatable let me know if you need bits / advice
good luck paul

available in 850!!! r4 power although hopefully 11 or 1300 cc

Hi!

Thank you for responding! What does available in 850 mean? and is 11 or 1300cc good?! Do you have any idea what year this was constructed...hoping for it to be road tax exempt.

Thank you!

850cc means very slow. The 1100cc and 1300cc engine sizes just mean slow.

Looks like an early one to me, though I'm no expert. My guess is one of the '62 to '68 vans with the 1108cc engine. The ones built after that were restyled at the front and don't look quite as nice. Would be helpful to get some documentation from France if you plan to register the van in the UK.

So, how have you come across this Estafette? It is certainly the coolest transport possible short of the Citroen grumpy van, though perhaps an acquired taste for some.

When you say very slow, too slow to go on a motorway or A road just to get it home? If it's from the sixites i'll be happy as free tax!woo!

Have to get hold of the guy to see about documents, but I don't think he even knows its an estafette so doesn't look hopeful. If you don't have documents can it not go on the road no matter how much you plead with the DVLA?

What is a citroen gumpy van? Got a pic?

Thank you!

I think its fabulous! I stumbled across an ad giving it away, yes thats right its free! The engine works and the bodywork has been redone as you can see! So its just a lucky find really, very very lucky!

Go for it if it's free. I can't guarantee my estimation, only the later ones did get (more) ugly. Whether that happened with the model change in '68 or later as a mid-model change is anyones guess.

The Citroen Grumpy is more formaly known as an "H" Van. Photos here.

For registration - you can register just about anything with no previous documentation, especially when you import, but it's a hassle. The only thing the DVLA really need is some proof of the date of manufacture so they can give you an age related numberplate and tax free status (if you are indeed lucky). One of the Renault clubs might be able to help, or Renault themselves if you have a chassis number.

For slow read relaxed. It'll bumble along at it's own pace.

yours seems much nicer than my friends collection:)

• IMAGE_012.jpg
    IMAGE_012.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAGE_015.jpg
    IMAGE_015.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAGE_016.jpg
    IMAGE_016.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 226
Back