Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Arctic Circle..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..Malcolm, you know our African trip idea...well I have had a better idea..

What about a trip in June up to the Arctic Circle and go and see Gordini and his High North chums in Norway? We could them spin round to the right into Norway and back through Russia via a Burger in St Petersburg, Poland, Germany and the low north country also known as Holland?

If you see this Gordini - what do you think? Could we have a trip up to see you and your Renault 4 in June owning chums or are you all sunning yourselves in Majorca in June?

Last edited by a moderator:
Arctic circle

Sounds like a good idea:wink: In June im home, no Majorca for me.Im already looking forward to met some real R4 entusiast, its not too many of them in Northern Norway. Travelling by car is perfect in this area, the nature are beautifull and you can camp where ever you wish (almost). I see 2cvs( I have one too) from South of Europe every summer but have not seen a R4 in many years.

I don't know - sounds very cold up there :eek: I was in Sweden close to the arctic circle in January a few years ago and it was -26 at night! Lovely during the short day though - blue sky and sunshine. Well worth swapping for our own cold and damp weather.

Surely the fun in the Africa trip is avoiding the danger of being eaten by lions, or killed by the locals, or dying of thirst in the Sahara following a breakdown? Trip to Norway sounds too easy (though it would be nice to go up there - I've heard the country is beautiful).

..Well looks like its Norway then..

..and of course Norway can also be dangerous Malcolm - we could be forced off the road by a whole lots of Lemmings!!

...and by the way I meant turning right into Finland - The home of the mobile phone and Vodka from Varrington and more lakes than the rest of the world put together, lovely girls called Helga and beer at £8 per pint - sounds like fun, albeit expensive!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
..wow dats cold John..

..and of course we would carry on down to see you once I have looked at a map to see where exactly you are...but where exactly are you - near Sarajevo?

and...........guess which car didnt have the speed to overtake me today?

• Photo-0001.jpg
    Photo-0001.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 87
Back