Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Belgrade spring meeting April the 5th 2009

John Doe

Enthusiast
I was in Belgrade yesterday, there were 36 cars and around 60 people. It was beautiful to see so many R4's in one place. I've done around 600 km in my car, no problems at all except the speedometer cable was not working on the way back.

38_05_04_09_7_45_42.jpeg

38_05_04_09_7_57_28.jpeg

38_05_04_09_7_55_47.jpeg

38_05_04_09_8_01_15.jpeg

38_05_04_09_7_55_31.jpeg

707_05_04_09_7_15_27.jpeg

707_05_04_09_6_54_41.jpeg

707_05_04_09_6_56_24.jpeg

This is me looking at a very interesting modification, this car has 1108ccm engine with 5 speed gearbox. The thing is that front crossmember was modified but only on the gearbox side, it is not sticking out of the car. I'll find some photos with this modification and start a new topic.

p1010014r.jpg

The meeting finished in the same place as last year! Very accurate parking there. Maybe next year they can organise the cars bu colour (to make the photo into a rainbow).

It's good to see so many R4s in the same place. We have a meeting in the UK at the start of May, but don't expect quite so many.

Do post pictures of the gearbox conversion.

I think our UK run will have to be ordered by year. Otherwise I'd never be able to keep up!

All of the cars in your photos are post 1981. When did Renault start assembling cars in Serbia?

I think there were few pre 1981 but most of them are actually around 1990. They were never assembled in Serbia, most of these cars are from Slovenia. Few years back we are all part of Yugoslavia (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Monte Negro and Macedonia).

The topic about gearbox conversion is started :)

Thanks for posting these photos. Our R4 comes from Slovenia and was built in 1990 and imported to the UK in 1993. It is the light metallic blue colour like in the fifth photo from the top. It has a 'hard' headrest with the hole in the centre which I've only seen on Slovenian R4s. We've only got one headrest though, so are looking for another one!

Malcolm, good idea about ordering by year (oldest first); not sure my navigation is up to being near the front!

Great line-up.

Many thanks John Doe - an impressive line of 4's - red seems to be the most popular colour. Hi jadd, it was always a priority of mine to fit a discreet cig lighter power outlet to be able to use my faithful Tom Tom One sat nav :cool: - bargain priced now (£90)- best gadget I have ever bought - paid £240 for mine some years ago - ouch! :shock::)

Do you know how much it would cost to send one to the UK? I'd be interested in getting one, if you can get hold of one? How much would one cost you to buy? Thanks.

Great, thanks. I'm looking for the 'hard' plastic headrest with the hole in it, like this one:

Thanks, Jonathan

• hard_headrest2a.jpeg
    hard_headrest2a.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 38
Back