Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Boot seal

Rudis wife

Hey guys ive been scrubbing and tinkering all day but i still need to fit a new boot seal as the old one went green and started falling off! However the one i ordered from renault dose not match the old one and i have no idea what to do as i called my local spares dept n they said it was the only one renault was supplying for the 4 the new one i have has a slot to fit on to the body work somehow but for love nor money i cant seem to make it work has anyone got any ideas on how i can tackle my niggle oh n mr R wont let me return it as i bought it a couple of monthes ago when i thought we were close to getting the baby back on the road grrr! !! Cheers peeps X

Hi, I understood the rear door rubbers came in two pieces and was glued on? Not so sure about a slot though. Good luck!

Tone

I do not understood all you have written, but rear door sealing is made by two pieces, one shaped for the lower part, quite harder and thicker, and one for the upper part of the door, just the same seal as the other four doors.
A few years ago a renault dealer said me that the lower part was no longer available, I d not know the situation in your land... But maybe you have only the upper part?
The lower one reproduction is available from franzose, melun or comptoir carrosserie, if you still need...

Back