Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

BRAND NEW Radiator - £85 delivered

Vulgalour

Enthusiast
£85 inc. delivery. Listed as being suitable for various R4 platform cars but doesn't fit my 1975 6TL.

I don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back, I just want my £85 back and/or the correct radiator. All I've done is open the box and take this photograph, it's still brand new and undamaged, it will be posted in the boxes it came to me in.

DSCF4656.JPG

Alternatively, I will do a straight swap for a brand new 6 suitable radiator like the one below, if you have one. Recoring my original radiator has proven to be prohibitively expensive and sourcing one of this style radiator new has ended up with lots of dead ends with companies saying they have stock, when they don't, or it's a different radiator, or it doesn't match the stock picture, etc.
20160615-04.jpg

It's all pretty frustrating, really, as parts hunting has been throughout this project's ressurection.

LATE ADDITION: Just to rub salt in the wound, I've only just found what looks like the one I need listed on Mr Auto for pretty much the same price. It's listed for a 5, and if their stock photos are to be believed, it is the correct type.

Renault 4 GTL is the one you need. The 850cc looks like the one you have.

Take care with the R5 versions - they have only 1 mounting at the bottom. I bought mine from Kempston Radiators but don't know if they post.

malcolm: I've contacted the company I got it from so it may get returned yet, we shall see what they say, their customer service has so far been faultless so I don't consider the wrong part a criticism of them at this stage. At least we know what it's supposed to be for, just annoying that it was listed for my car but isn't.

Harbourseal: that looks different to mine, it's got long pegs on the bottom rather than little blocks, so I'd need to modify those. The filler cap is angled too and I can't see how it bolts to the front panel. It's only the bonnet that hinges on the 6 rather than the full 'face' on the 4 so that's why the early 5 radiators look to be the correct option. Later 5 ones won't fit.

What a nuisance parts for rare cars are.

Will happly give you the money back if its correct for my 1966 850cc...Will have a better look at mine at the weekend if thats Ok...

Andy: That's the listing I originally ordered from and doesn't actually exist. This radiator is the replacement which should be correct and isn't.

Stuart: I can hold off on the return, it's not particularly ideal for me sending it back at the moment because of the time of year and me going away on the 23rd for a couple of weeks. I'd rather someone make use of it than I have to send it back in all honesty.

Hello Vulgalour, the problem with sending stuff back to the supplier, is that they usually don't refund you immediately, but rather at their month end. When I ordered the incorrect radiator from Oscaro, I waited 5 weeks for the refund.

I eventually bought one from Pieceauto24 and it looks like they have one for your car :http://www.piecesauto24.com/aks-dasis/1724473
It's the same model radiator that Andy gave you, hope it helps!

Unfortunately had to send the radiator back to try and get a replacement and then I went on holiday for two weeks and had no internet so I'm only just checking back in now. It looks like Autodoc have the correct replacement available at the same price the wrong one was http://www.autodoc.co.uk/aks-dasis/1724473 so I'm hoping that's what they'll send and it'll be correct.

They've credited my account already and given me 5% off on my next purchase so hopefully that'll see me right. Unfortunately not ideal for Grumm!

Back