Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Breaker, breaker.

plallenuk

I need a barn.
Hi all,

I'm forced to face reality and have a matter of days before my F6 gets crushed.

Whilst this fills me with horror I have to accept that I cannot retain it myself, even to break up and pass on bits, as I have neither the space nor the understanding wife many of you seem to have.

Basically if anyone is interested please let me know, it had good and less good points but generally surprisingly solid (it saved my life in the accident-I'm sure many will have seen the photo) 150,000 miles on the clock and a significantly crumpled front end. The gearbox was most likely troubled by the impact, engine was in need of some cleaning/reconditioning but I can't imagine the block was hurt.

The best points would probably be doors/linings and glass the seats were a bit knackered but I was set to replace them. Suspension all was ok before the accident.

If anyone has any interest in aquiring this please let me know, I've not discovered on what conditions I could reclaim the van but if anybody expresses an interest I can ask the relevant questions. I'd much rather someone milked her than let it be mangled.

Currently at a storage yard somewhere in Colchester. Can't be restored due to the category of write off.

:(

By the way I'm not trying to make any money out of this, I picked this section of the forum for the "parts" above the "for sale” element :D

Sorry to hear about the outcome of you van, you do get attached to them.

Do you think there is any possibility to get parts from yours.

If there is, I would happily buy the distributor if it is a Ducellier R4-R324C33/525387A.

Also is the rear door in good condition?

Does your van have the fittings to keep the girafon up when in the open condition. My van doesn't have anything to keep the girafon in the up/open position so you have to careful that it doesn't fall.

Oooo, I need a distributor, they are unavailable here in South Africa.
Would also like to buy the spark plug cables with their connector plates,the spark plugs,and the petrol tank plug(for bottom of tank).
How much will you charge me, shipping included?
And will those parts work on renault 4 850cc?
Its a 1968 model.
Thanks.

Bit late to the party on this!

Will you actually be able to get any bits off it?

I'd be interested in the following if you can -

Rear door, Giraffe door / hatch, n/s front door plus a few other bits - rear lights.

Trouble is, what with Christmas and everything It'd be between Christmas and New Year before I can get down that way but let me know if something is possible!

Back