Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Burnt pistons

altatlock

Enthusiast
Hope you all had a good Christmas,new spanners n rachets.Spent a really enjoyable few days removing sickly 747 engine,robbing 850 engine from my resto project giving the head a make over, de coke,valve grind and polishing porting the inlet ports 1st time I have used my dreaded Dremel,looks amazing ,whether it makes any diference? Changed the 6volt bits to 12 and she started ,think I am still in shock! The exhaust now has a bit of a crackle does anyone it could be because its the 747 exhaust system. I am now short of an engine! The old engine with burnt pistons has also a damaged head so I am putting it in touch for a bit. I looked at 2 more today on beautiful exmoor both have been in a field for 8 years both were supposed tobe running well before the sons went of to uni.I opened the door on the 1st one and it came off in my hand,so did the next one so I think I might just pass on them the logistics of retrieving them not viable.Anyway I have been like a pig in the proverbial over christmas hope you all were as well ,Best

Back