Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Buying through Leboncoin etc

Bill Clark

Enthusiast
I have seen a few R4 F6s that I have been interested in advertised on Leboncoin and their Dutch and Spanish equivalents however, there seems to be no way to contact the buyers unless registered with the sites which require a French, Dutch or Spanish phone number. Does anyone know a way around this?

Hi Bill

I think I was able to access an ad on leboncoin by inputting a random French mobile number I came across on the internet.If I remember correctly Leboncoin accepted my uk email address.

get in touch with LBC-owners (schibsted.no) // use a french proxy // state a random (but real) french tel.number -Reid.
(as jcarruthers also says)

Thanks for both replies, my daughter has an old French mobile number, I tried using that but they then wanted the code from the SMS sent to the number. She should've stayed in France another year :-(.

I think they may have changed the rules - I tried again and they wanted a code from my email address, and then another one from the phone.

Hello,

There is a way to get a French mobile number. Order a SIM from https://www.lefrenchmobile.com/product/sim-credit-for-france/ It costs 25 Euro (£22). For this you get approx 3 hours of calls and 60 texts. They send you a SIM put it your phone or a spare phone et voila! You have a French mobile number that leboncoin insist on to send you a verification code.

I have sucessfully registered with leboncoin.fr - and without having to go to France to do it.

Back