Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Chrome piece -

Galgo

Enthusiast
Hello!

I need help: I have made some contacts with a portuguese company that works with alluminium. Aparently, they seem to have capacities to reproduce any aluminium piece.

I immediatelly thought of one thing: the chromed piece the first 4L had in the rear, around the licence plate. It resenbles a moustache... (pardon me for the lack of vocabulary).

Does anyone have or has ever seen a technical drawing of this piece, with dimensions, etc?

If anyone has this information, please let me know. My mail ir rpecruz@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Galgo

Very interesting!

I guess it would be easier to find one in your countryas Spanish production R4s had this until the early 70s. I am sure a wonderful orange R4 that a member of Portuguese R4 club restored, had this aluminum piece. Maybe you can contact him directly?
This part is actually made of three pieces, left, right and a small center part that goes over the nuber plate light.
If you proceed further, we will be very happy to know!

hi...

i have a couple of sets of these...
what is it you want to know about them?

regards
andrew

I have just seen one of these on French e-bay, a one piece alum pressing, cant remember the price.
Allan

Very interesting!

I guess it would be easier to find one in your countryas Spanish production R4s had this until the early 70s. I am sure a wonderful orange R4 that a member of Portuguese R4 club restored, had this aluminum piece. Maybe you can contact him directly?
This part is actually made of three pieces, left, right and a small center part that goes over the nuber plate light.
If you proceed further, we will be very happy to know!

Hello!

yes, a couple of them are known here in portugal. the orange car you mention bellongs to Joao Seabra. he found it in one of those places they keep the cars to be desmatled (desguace), in spain. done that journey and nowadays it's already hard to find even 4l.

another in algarve, mr. sabino. a friend of mine also has one. also in a spanish desguace, years ago.

he borrowed it to me. I'm working on the reproduction of it. Talked to sem people and got the process in motion. I'm curentlu expecting the prototype.

If you know of someone interested let me know. Maybe prices will descend if higher quantity is ordered.

Regards,

G.

Back