Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Clean Blue F6 on Ebay

That was on maybe 12 months ago.

Theres a lot of optimisticly priced R4s on ebay at the moment aren't there? If thats worth in excess of £2500 then I might just possibly have a small fortune parked outside!

I will be VERY interested to see if that sells.

Also, just noticed a bit of slight overspray from when it has been painted

!B0W(YHw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!hcEw5Bt)k43BM,!zsbOnw~~_3.JPG

:eek:

I'm sure that one was on eBay last year. Half remember the mis-matched seats.

There's a thing on the site that looks up R4s on eBay: http://www.renault4.co.uk/sale/cars.htm (there's a Bye Bye in France just now). Is it worth linking that at the top of this section so we don't need to start a new thread here?

..We are all like a group of detectives..

..So move over Morse, Poirot, Wallender, Lewis, Barnaby, Closseau etc etc!!

I would have given £700 for so long as the chassis wasn't about to break. im guessing from the £2500 figure its absolutly rust free?

I think the £700 auction price was fair. Apparently it did need a respray. It looks very much like to me though that whoever bought it gave it an amazingly cheap respray (overspray everywhere - even on the aeriel!) and then is trying to make a fairly hefty profit by punting it on at £2500.

Even if it is rustfree - and I'd be mightily surprised if it was although it does look pretty sound - it wants a fair amount of time / money throwing at it rectifying the paintwork problems. So as it stands I'd be amazed if the seller gets anything like £2500 for it.

I'm pretty dismayed by someones BLATANT profiteering and by sounds of it they've flashed it over with paint too. All very dodgy! I say KEEP AWAY!:mad:

Its really disappointing because whilst I think the R4 is very unfairly neglected and deserves greater appreciation I can see this being like the DISASTROUS state of affairs in the 2CV scene right now. Spiralling prices there have for me completely ruined the scene, that it was and continues to be reinforced by hysteria from higher eschelons the 2CV club doesn't help but there's an irony not lost on me when a 'peoples car' becomes too expensive for the people to own! I mean, I can see how a unique low mileage early beauty like Ornella would fetch a tidy sum but an average condition F6 van? Give over!

Like the flowered/dented GTL on ebay though at the moment, hope someone on here gives it a home, and wish I'd been quicker regards that 75 brown one advertised on this forum a few weeks back because it was a dream R4 in right colour, year and spec (factory folding roof ooh la la):cool:

I've no objection to someone buying a car, doing a bit of work and reselling at a profit - done it a few times myself in the past. But, that F6 isn't really on. Its had a very poor respray which would actually reduce its value to me and then gets stuck on ebay at an inflated price. Its really not cricket. But then hes unlikely to sell it at that price and anyone who pays that for it deserves everything they get.

I completely agree - if it had a quality respray (and is completely sound) that would of course bump up the price, maybe even double it from the £700-odd price at auction - I 've zero objections to that, but this is a tad exploitative - though of course only if someone pays it! Like you I've sold cars on having say, got them through an MoT at a small profit but yes, this isn't cricket! Seems like they've looked at the Spanish imported one for sale on ebay (which may well be very good, haven't really looked at it) and thought 'I can do that'. <sigh>:rolleyes: Never mind, there's been quite a few cute R4s offered which look to be more sensibly priced buys. It just incensed me a bit yesterday but I've chilled out again now;)

1 bid, not me, £1500.00 ouch poor sole

Perhaps they're really desperate for a van? You'd have to be, wouldn't you!? Still I notice that cute GTL with the dents and flowers but MoT went for £425

Which wasn't too bad...:D

Feel sorry for the purchaser of that van though, at least £500 over the odds it would appear:(

Back