Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

cracking up

billythefish

Enthusiast
I have just been on ebay looking for spare parts for the R4 when i came across a car that had just been sold.
The description.
1991 TOYOTA MR2 RED, Manual, Non-turbo UK car 132k miles, history from 1997!
Item number: 221043040284 and it was sold for just over £100,000. Why please someone tell me why!
billy:confused:

I can think of a lot of other much more desirable cars that £100,000 would buy you and have some change to put some fuel in! In fact you could buy several for that money, a rough E Type, a Morgan, couple of TVRs, and still have change to buy a few 4Ls, it sounds like car heaven to me.:D

We don't know whether the winning bidder was serious. Be warned that there are plenty of idiot bidders on eBay and the Cars section seems to be particularly plagued with them.

Most likely that there were one or two "noughts" inadvertently added and the seller did not notice until it was too late. But alternatively, there may actually be something about that model which makes it ultra-desirable (unlikely, though).

I think probably two of his mates decided to play a trick on him and just bid the car up for a laugh, hope he can see the funny side of it if they did.

He wont be laughing when he gets his final fee invoice..:eek:

Back