Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Delphi Dampers, ebay france

DaveP

Enthusiast
object number 250631205979, this company is selling the good "de carbon" Delphi dampers, fronts and rears for around 55 euros a pair.

Stock up! I have

The advert is right but make sure the picture is not representative as those are definitely not renault 4 dampers.

I wrote a question yesterday, in english because I do not speak french (I understand a bit of the written one cause is quite similar to italian), asking if those dampers were gas-pressurized and how much would the delivery cost for Italy... They answered very fast but they seem to have used an automatic translator to answer in italian, and I am not able to understand the answer (But the number 30 must be the euro they want do send me the pack). Now I try to make a french question through my mother, asking even for the image...
The item number they indicate is the correct one, I looked for it.

I found even those one, some times ago:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140385393170&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
but they seems to be for tuning (and I do not know how the car would turn out), are quite expensive (related to the previous set) and I do not know the brand...

Tank you for the advice.

Andrea scripsit.

Hi Andrea, they replied that the photo is just for illustration and the dampers are indeed monotube gas pressuredampers for a renault 4. Regarding the "tuning" ones, I'm not an expert but most people seem to think that sticking with the standard setup is best on the 4, plus they're a lot of money.

They are a lot of money if you compare with the other ebay vendor cited, but the usual price for a good (gas) single damper, usually, is about 50 euros (melun)...
I prefer the original one too; I was only asking myself if the different rigidity of the tuning damper offers some improving or if it was only a question of "style"...

Andrea scripsit.

Back