Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Electronic incident warning light

trueblueangel

I have a Renault Megane Scenic RT (1998 - R reg). The Electronic incident warning light comes on sometimes but becoming more frequent. Only once the car would not start, called breakdown recovery who thought it was a flat battery (was not this). He disconnected a sensor on the top of the gearbox and then the car started. Now when the warning light comes on, my husband disconnects and cleans out and waits approx. 5 mins then starts the car, which starts fine. Warning light goes out but may come on after a short time or it could be days or weeks. It effects the gear change as it is an automatic gearbox. The revs are a lot higher.
Any advice?
Thanks.

Help woman in trouble.

I have the same problem as above did you find out what it was?
Mine is a differant model but same prob,Please please can someone help.

The electronic incident light comes on at least 3 times usually around the first few miles.When i have stopped and restarted car after these few times it runs ok.I can stop and leave for a few mins and start its ok if left for longer problem re occurs.It mainly happens on wet and cold days but no regular patten to it.
I am at a loss with this car it only cost £450 had it 2yrs and spend lots on it.Cant afford a new car.HELP PLEASE
Also water drips in to the car throught the back door light in the celing dont know if this is conected.

The reason the previous post never had a response is probably because this forum is quite specific to the Renault 4. Most of us don't even have any kind of electronic warning lights in our cars! You might be lucky though, there are a few people with more up-to-date knowledge here.

Back