Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

flasher unit

ade

Enthusiast
needing to sort this out on my 67 TL.....it had previously been messed with....the Haynes circuit shows a flasher unit with 3 connections (supply, conn to switch common, and conn to tell-tale facia lamp)
when i bought the car, it had a Citroen flasher unit with supply, conn to swich common and earth (the tell-tale was wired across left and right feeds)
question is, firstly, has anyone increased the power of the lamps from 6V/15W to 6V/21W (more readily available), and has anyone sourced a flasher unit of the type similar to the original but with a higher wattage capacity....Adrian

It was a long time ago, but I used to have a classic bike and found that it was possible to source 6-volt halogen bulbs. I can't recall the name of the supplier but this may be a way of getting greater brightness without a wattage overload.

Paul Goff (norbsa02.co) does 6v halogen , also LED which use no current and give a very bright light, I use them on my 1929 BSA.
Allan

I fitted some 6v halogen bulbs to the indicators on my 4 and my old sports moped. They are brighter than the standard type but the difference isn't dramatic so maybe LED is the way to go, if they're available.

Back