Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Forum Upgrade January 29 2006

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
I'm planning to upgrade the forum software from phpbb to vBulletin at some point over the next week.

vBulletin is nice software - you'll probably prefer it to the current forum, but the real reason for upgrading is the security upgrades and backups will be quicker for me to do.

Just keep using the forum as normal for now - we won't lose any posts - everything will be transferred to the new forum.

Here's the new forum! It's not quite finished yet but it should work enough to use. I'll do the finishing touches soon.

Do let me know if you find any bugs. There are bound to be things that are set up badly - let me know if you get annoyed by anything and I'll fix it.

PS - I might be changing my username to malcolm. (I used to post on behalf of Clementine the cat).

Has Clementine retired or, like all cats, just curled up asleep in front of the fire this time of year? Frederick the Frog seems to have hibernated too. We'll need Percy the Penguin's advice if we get any snow this year. Please get them back because we are missing them. What do the rest of you think about the changes to the forum?

Do you think Clementine should come back? I wondered if my posting on the behalf of the cat (whose paws are too big to type) might have been slightly confusing to some people.

Last edited:
Hurray for the return of Clementine! I don't know who this chap malcolm is but nobody can better Clementine at running the forum. A pseudonym is A VERY GOOD THING.

Thankyou, it's nice to be back :D

Now I've got rid of the imposter, is there anything else anyone can see that needs altering on the new forum?

Back