Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fuel gauge electrical connection

lazyduck15

Enthusiast
Hi everybody!

My fuel gauge at the dashboard (Jaeger,1971, 845cc) does not work. It does not moves at all and as per looking in the back part of it there are some connectors without an actual cable hooked up to them. One of those should be the gas, the issue here is that I do not know which one to connect. I can not check if the sender is faulty until I get connected it first. Also missing are the turning signal connectors. :confused:
Does anyone is got a connection diagram of this dashboard ?. It would be very much appreciated.

Fuel gauge wiring

Buenos días, Lazyduck :)

here is the wiring diagram. Good luck to find your problem.

Regards Pavel :)

• fuel gauge wiring 01.jpg
    fuel gauge wiring 01.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 487
That´s a wiring for models with the ten fuses box, but I don´t suppose any relevant differences on other models.

Buenos Dias Pavel y muchas gracias

Thanks a lot for the diagram! ;)

It will be very helpful. My dashboard seems to be of a previous model as does not shows the ten conectors per the drawing. This is got several spade type conectors spreaded in the back.
Anyways, I can follow the circuit based on the drawing principle and make the fix.

Best regards

I did it!

I have sorted out the connector to the fuel gauge, they are straight back of the gauge. Connection are now Ok but the sender does not work. Is got broken on the side of the resistor. I will have an spare from a vendor to replace it.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Back