Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Grill / Calandre Aluminium Long wanted

Tripyrenees

Enthusiast
I really want to change my new GTL to have the long aluminim grill. If any one has one complete, please let me know.

Cheers
Ian

1st one I made an offer yesterday (he accepted)

2nd one does not want to sell with out the Capot (he called me last week)

3rd one is not complete.

So I think I will go with the first one although it has some little dents. I seem to study Le Bon Coin every day for 4L, 2CV and Solex parts - it is becoming addictive.

I have one, complete with inner grille, fasteners (very rare) and 2 different Logos.
Bought it NEW for a lot of $$$. :eek:
I'm actually willing to sell, but doubt that you are willing to pay what it's worth to me ...
:oops: :?

• DSC_6052.jpg
    DSC_6052.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Emblems.jpg
    Emblems.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 103
Front grill (and a few other questions...)

Views please: Aluminium grill on a modern (1983) R4L - a good move or should I stick with the authentic plastic grill?

Also: Best colour for a '83 4L? What would you choose?

Also: My seats will need to be rebuilt - would appreciate views on how to include headrests (and source of head rests)

(Final thoughts before my restoration commences)

David N: I might be interested in the bits you have for sale - can you PM me with the sort of money you are looking for?

Views - I have to admit, that I was tempetd to convert my 85 F6 to the old grille. Hence all the stuff that I bought.
I even have to admit that I actually had mounted that grille for what was exactly two days.
Figured that it was too much of a clashing with a style and ruefully changed back to the matching but cheap looking plastic version.
The aluminium version is just so MUCH mor appealing. :?

Headrest - the tubing of your seat will have the fixing to hold the headrest already built in. It is hidden under your original seat cover.
If you can live with non-original headrests do a search on this forum. Someone sourced fitting headrests of -I think - some Austin or Rover model which is common on your scrapyards.
Originals are availlable on eBay Germany right now. I can assist in buying them if needed!
Here's the auction:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Renault-R4-Kopfstutzen-/190851699286?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2c6fa5d256

Colours - Definitely a matter of taste!
My favorites are light blue, soft orange and grey.

Regarding my grille - Make me an offer and we can discuss!

Cheers,

David

Headrests

David

Thanks for your response - I will pick up on the head rests first.

Re 'Originals are availlable on eBay Germany right now. I can assist in buying them if needed! Here's the auction: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Renault-R4-Ko...item2c6fa5d256'

My (non existent) German suggests the seller on eBay won't ship to the UK - is that correct? You offer to assist in buying - that would be great - let me know how you are able to assist - clearly happy to pay all costs plus a bit extra for you - please let me know how you are prepared to help me! Thanks, Michael

(I will respond re grill and colour later)

Thank you David for the fantastic Grill.

Packed very well indeed. Opened it today when I got back.

I love new parts - cheers for this.

Ian

Views please: Aluminium grill on a modern (1983) R4L - a good move or should I stick with the authentic plastic grill?

Personally I'd stick with the authentic plastic grill. I know its subjective and not everyone will agree but I prefer GTLs to look like GTLs and I rather like the plastic grill to be honest.

Not to say that I don't like they aluminium one but they seem to work better on earlier cars.

Just my 2p.

I would agree but this is for the missus and she likes the chrome - so it will be resprayed an olive green with chrome grill, bumpers, handles and hubcaps. Then a sunroof fitted.

Not authentic but I have another resto project on my Citroen AZU which will be totally authentic to the book.

The 4L is just going to be a nice fun car.

(plus we have the TL with the plastic grill and that looks good too)

Don't blame your missus, she has good taste, I too like the retro look.:D

Back