Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

GTL Exhaust Availability

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Shock news!

Bosal don't seem to be listing the GTL exhaust any more! A little phoning around suggests Walker might still be doing them, but further phoning will be required to confirm, and I don't really like their exhausts anyway.

Poor Yvette from Bedford had terrible trouble with mechanics and trying to get hold of an exhaust this morning, so I fitted a used one on her car as a temporary measure.

Can anyone suggest an alternative supply for GTL exhausts? Even Der Franzose is out of stock.

Have you tried Partco? Is there one in your neck of the woods? Failing that, take out a morgage and buy one from Renault!!

There's always the stainless steel alternative.

I hate to hear things like this. Today I had to replace big exhaust mount next to silencer (I had one) and the one next to it is also broken so I have to order more... I had so much trouble remove one which hangs next to the torsion bar.

My point is I have a Kiler exhaust and it doesn't look bad after at least 6 months. It's produced in Serbia http://www.kilerauto.rs/ProductVariant.aspx?variantID=384&modelID=63 The price is in Serbian dinars and you should divide it with 80 to get euros (I think).

Malcolm - just found there is a Partco in Bedford
10B Windsor Rd
Bedford, MK42 9SU

01234 350601‎

Worth a try. The guys in Partco Cambridge have been there many years and they have always been very helpful - hope the Bedford branch is the same!

Hi Malc! let me know Exactly what you need as I think I can still get them through my usual outlet...
mabby I can fit in 60 odd some exhaust into the Roffmobile??
haven't a clue cost but will charge as on receipt..
Tomorrow I'm off to this said to be carb/ign.wizard to habve him check out Roffens stat. Changed for a #46 idlejet which makes Roffen move like a rat up a sewage-pipe but when I just 'Hold' my
foot on the acc Roffen is chugging a bit like he wants to get going
more....uneven running is it? -R.

Exhausted?

Don't panic :shock:, Renault had plenty when I enquired some months back and the bits were'nt expensive. Your local dealer may be much happier to assist in the current financial climate - give them a try. ;)
Unleash the beast Reidar :hug:

Hola mi amigo! Have you worked up a huge panic for M's Big date the 27th yet?? -or are you letting them think you have it all under control? c",)
Had Roffen checked again today All carb And ign.settings way off-So how the heck could he go so well in spite of preign.set at 10Degr and Co was over 10% -Amazing
all reset and adjusted correctly now,so need to phone coppers and inform them of "something big going down other side of town" so I can have This side to myself later tonight for testdrive.. -R.

I'd recommend trying your local Renault Parts dealer too, before knocking them out without trying, my local dealer JayBe is the cheapest main dealer for labour charges in town and allways gives me discount on parts.

Of course you could always ask our local friendly Ebay chap (renault4mad) if he can get them at a decent rate and send him the business?

I bought a new one from Reno4er.de about 5 years ago and had it delivered to Dublin.

Last time I went to Wests of Bedford Renault the parts guy told me he was too busy ordering parts for their service department to bother looking up my bits. I'm not inclined to visit again. It must be very handy to have a decent Renault dealer close by.

I occasionally have things posted from Lifestyle Renault in Tunbridge Wells, but the last bits I had were a pair of £5 bushes for £120. I don't like to bother them for prices these days so tend to use independent suppliers or make things myself.

Malcolm, i have access to the Renault parts system here at home so i dont mind looking anything up for the GTL. Just leave the full chassias number. That goes for anyone else....

cheers
andrew

I tried the very friendly parts guy at the Renault dealer in Letchworth this week and he told me that the GTL silencer is no longer available from Renaullt - he even gave renault a ring and called me back to confirm this.

Searching these forums gave me a link to http://www.cats-direct-shop.co.uk/exhaust-systems.php?recordID=2508 and so I tried ordering one from there. Ordered after 3pm Monday and it's just arraived on Wednesday, so quick enough. It looks OK but time will tell - I'll be keeping my old one to patch it up in case!

Just thought I'd post the link in case anyone else is having no luck in finding a silencer.

Cheers
Pete

Thanks - let us know what the one ordered from cats-direct is like!

Cheers, Jonathan

:yellowre:

well if the numbers of R4s on the road & on SORN recently quoted on the forum are correct, we are in for a hard time parts-wise in the UK ? I wonder how many are left on the continent ?

Thanks - let us know what the one ordered from cats-direct is like!

Cheers, Jonathan

:yellowre:

The silencer turned out to have some overenthusiastic welding where the inlet pipe passes through the end face which had penetrated/distorted the pipe at that point. I filed for ages to ease it but still had to trim the end of the centre pipe by a small amount to get the silencer to hang comfortably without straining the mountings. Once I'd done that, it fitted fine. Not much else to say, really, and at least the car is now MoT'd and back in business. Oh, I did peep down the pipe and saw that the perforations were tapered as in the original, so no extra mph for me....

Pete

Thanks, Pete, that's interesting. Glad you got it to fit OK in the end!

my 85 gtl now needs a full system, i guess im looking at about 70 pounds plus vat, the last system i bought from partco cambridge was 6 years ago and cost 38 pounds no vat

Try Partco again - although I think they only sell Unipart stuff now. The guys there used to be very helpful and would source hard to get items for me. You could always call in at West's to see if they can help - problem is that the R4 friendly stores guys have all gone.

I've just bought this Made in Italy silencer, 28 euros.

dscn6097.jpg

Back