Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello and question regarding my renault 688 powered skidsteer

2 weeks update:

I've got a couple hours on it, mostly light duty just kinda feeling it out. Last night we got the v8 engine that 'killed it' (overheated while we were using the skid to pull this engine) and vanquished the foe!

Aka got it off the driveway and onto the engine stand in time to not get covered in leaves.

IMG20220906191249.jpg

Overall runs great, better than it ever has, I'm convinced that the guy who rebuilt the engine probably stripped that little m7 and it's just been working it's way loose running worse and worse.

Barely even needs choke to start now, it was needing a lot of choke and taking a long time to warm up. Purrs at high and low speed, combustion is much more even and regular.

I found that seal from a tractor parts supplier, I'll probably replace it either way but the oil leaking is a lot less bad. It's not uncommon to get weird oil pressure fluctuations when the rings don't seal right from misfire or the motor is running unevenly. The seal might be kinda marginal or the crank worn and the rough running exacerbated the leak.

Back