Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

hello, can anybody help please ?t

L'R4

Enthusiast
Hi, I've just registered and this is my first post (existing :) ) . I love this website and been a regular guest for more than a year ,so thanks to the community of r4 lovers .
My problem is that Bernadette ( 1985 gtl ) failed it's mot, and I can't identify one of the parts I need to change.it's the gaping hole housing the bolt.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks

• WP_000035.jpg
    WP_000035.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 118
  • WP_000033.jpg
    WP_000033.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119
  • WP_000034.jpg
    WP_000034.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 116
Sure! That's your tie bar eye. It's a wel known part for failing MOT's. It's also just a part that has to be replaced every now and then, because it just wears out in time.

Der Franzose in Germany's got it on stock:

http://www.franzose.de/en/Renault/R4/Vorderachse/ANR83029/

But I'm pretty sure you can get it near your livingplace aswell, it's not such a special part, not expensive either. It's also easy to change but you might have to struggle with it for some time since it's got a habit of rusting stuck (impact wrench might help a lot).

Good luck with it!

Rutger.

The part number is 77 00 500 113. Try Lifestyle Renault in Tunbridge Wells - they are best for sourcing new R4 bits from UK and France.

thanks for the part number, when i took the pics to renault glos they didn't recognise the part and sent a request to renault uk, who thinks it's part number 7701462548

Ought to get them from Franzose. I was short of time last time I needed some - £60 each from Renault. Franzose have them at 5 euros each.

R4 Tie rod bushes

Hi,
i bought mine on ebay...good quality and fast delivery..

here is the item number
Item number: 110646823097

cheers
Andrew

Back