Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Renault 5 website owner!

r5gordini

Enthusiast
Dear all (and website owner),

This is just a quick note to introduce myself. I own the Renault 5 equivalent of Clementine's Renault 4 Garage:

http://www.r5gordini.co.uk

I am really impressed with this website and love the tech tips and guides sections especially. I'm trying to create the same sort of thing for the 5.

I love the fact that the animals work on the cars - it really adds a fun element to the site. Now - where's my guinea pig - I caught him wielding a spanner the other day. I had to get it from him quickly before he undid something critical!

I have a two-year old daughter, who already loves Renault 5s, especially "Mummy's Convertible".

So, I have been running www.r5gordini.co.uk in some form or other for about 13 years, and I've had 5s for 15 years. I either still own or have scrapped every Renault 5 I've owned. I've never sold one. It seems they're here to stay! r5gordini.co.uk deals mainly with the Mk I 5 (pre '85), but I'm trying to branch out a little into the Mk II. Thing is, I don't own one of these, so it's difficult to be so passionate about them!

My father and I share the passion for 5s, and my wife joins in when she can. Between us we have:

1984 TL (my first car)
1984 TL (bought for 30 quid as an accident write-off and subsequently repaired)
1984 Gordini Turbo (bought in 1998 and restored by 2004)
1984 Convertible (professional conversion with a 1397cc TS engine)
1986 Turbo 2 (bought in 2002, and has only 4000 kms on the clock)

I've scrapped many more (about 7 at the last count!)

So as you can see, I'm pretty dedicated to the 5. I have helped one 4 owner by selling him some wheelnuts! If I can help anyone on here I would be delighted to do so. I have a whole load of R5 parts including engines and gearboxes and wheels. If any of these are of use to 4 owners, then visit the site and contact me.

It would also be good to get some 4 owners over to my site...

Suggestions and comments gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Andrew

hi Andrew
well of course ive been visiting your site already (thats were i got the link for the 5 soleil wheels )
like the wiki bit about individual cars
love all old renaults (did any body guess ?) and have probably had more Mk1 5s through my hands than 4s but once the hot hatch brigade started getting me at it, i banned all GT turbos from my workshop :mad:

will register on your site as may also have some 5 bits to dispose of( MK1 and supercinque)

did headgasket on friends T2 definitly not nice job working through side windows !!
my (anonymouse on request) friend also owns this V8 rover powered T1 may be for sale not cheap though :)

cheers (and welcome ) paul

• mini-renault 037.jpg
    mini-renault 037.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,945
Welcome Andrew, I often have a look around the R5 site. Often it's when I'm searching for something really obscure that nobody else could ever possibly be interested in. It's lovely to find that sort of information on the internet.

In fact I've got a R5 Gordini that failed to sell on eBay. It's completely knackered in every respect, but will give the R5 folk an opportunity to have the bits before it meets it's maker.

Thanks all for your welcomes.

Please do sell any R5 parts through my site. I get surprising amounts of interest in the classifieds. I would, however, recommend that you put your e-mail address in the description, because the current software I'm using requires you to register in order to private-message in order to reply to an advert.

However, DON'T submit your e-mail address in plain text, it'll more than likely be picked up by a spam robot. I would suggest something like:

andrew at r5gordini dot co uk

I have seen the V8 Turbo 1 - it was in a magazine a while back, but I can't remember which one :confused:

I enjoy maintaining the Renault 5 Register on the Wiki - I believe it's a really useful resource.

It's really hard to get others to contribute to the factual content on the Wiki and I've never really found out why. Most of the stuff in there is mine, which is good or bad (whichever way you look at it)!

Thanks,

Andrew

R5

hi there

i couldn't get into your site. i've got a lovely auto 5 from 1988. only done 30,000 miles. i'm no mechanic but i'm sure this thing could be running better. all sorts of silly things keep going wrong, like overheating when i can't get it started propery. have had new head gasket, rad and carb fitted and still it plays up. i'm looking for someone who knows what they're doing so i can get it working properly

any suggestions? i live in camberwell, south london

cheers, dom

Yes, I would recommend Derek also.

Unfortunately my site is down at the mo (v. disappointing). It seems to be a problem caused by my web site service provider.

I'm contacting them frequently but haven't heard from them.

Thanks,

Andrew

I love the fact that the animals work on the cars - it really adds a fun element to the site. Now - where's my guinea pig - I caught him wielding a spanner the other day. I had to get it from him quickly before he undid something critical!
I thought everyone had a furry animal to do the repairs. We even lend our Uncle Claude out. Here he is working on Malcolm's Ermintrude. Don't let Malcolm kid you that he does all his own repairs. :smile:

• claude-and-ermintrude.jpg
    claude-and-ermintrude.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,535
..She is only helping Malcolm..

..As Fred missed her at point blank range when he had a chance!!

And by the way is Clementine a girl or a boy? As a young lad, I certainly wouldnt want to have been called Clementine!!

• CIMG1030.jpg
    CIMG1030.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,529
..Ok ok ok I got confused Bluebell

I was under the impression that Uncle Claud is a cat but I now realise that he isn't a cat but he is in fact a ....Hippo...

Well...stand by for someone new, stand by for .........Santa Bear...soon to be apperaring on a screen near you and his chum Wilbur, the train..

• xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 94
Phew... r5gordini.co.uk is fixed!

Running websites is all very well when everything goes according to plan, but when they break it's a pain! (I suppose that's a bit like cars)

I have fixed my website: http://www.r5gordini.co.uk - it turned out it was probably (but not that they would admit this) a problem caused by my service provider changing some major server configuration stuff. It's taken from Saturday 'till now (Weds) to get this fixed. I only hope the issues are solved.

Cheers,

Andrew

Back