Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Help on getting a pair of headlamps from UK

lazyduck15

Enthusiast
Hello Everyone! :)

I am in need of some help from someone from the community that may help me getting a pair of headlamps I am bidding on E bay UK today.
Seems to be that seller does not ship outside of the UK and I am located in Mexico City.
So,if I make the best bid then help wanted will be to have someone receiving those lamps and re-expediting them to me via DHL or similar to my place. Of course I will pay in advance any charges that may come from such transaction.

Have you asked him politely if he would make an exception for you? Most sellers would assist if you took responsibility if the item didn't turn up.

I'm sure you're aware that the postage will not be cheap - in fact you may be shocked!

it has to be RND headlights?

because LND ones can be modded to become RND and there is a company in germany and i think renault themselves still make the LND headlights

Thanks Steve and Eoyteenie

Actually I have already asked the vendor about that possibility and I am awaiting his response. If I finally get those ones I will have to convert them to RND (another issue). Yes! Freight for sure will be a big chunk of the cost of them, but no having locally suppliers hummm..., a politician down here told once " Nothing is that much expensive than what is not available". This is the case.
Eoynteenie, would you share the link for that German and Renault suppliers. They may be a another chance to get a pair, let's see the price.

Last minute info
No answer yet from vendor, but a company by the name of Bongo International provides a UK address and ships to Mexico City, charges $ 88 US. As Steve mentioned, way high cost. (An arm and a leg). Have you any references regarding that company?.
My experience from importing some goods from China is that DHL charges me 9 US per Kg. So mentioned charge seems a little high.

Checking on Parcel2go http://www.parcel2go.com/ they reckon about £36 delivered by UPS.

IS that a better quote? and I reckon Royal Mail small parcels would be cheaper still.

Sent by Royal Mail Small Packet service they would cost somewhere in the region of £20-£25 to post including signature on delivery subject to weight.

Your seller probably doesn't want to post to you because he doesn't ship to South America at all and is afraid of losing them or the hassle of doing it. If he ships via RM Small Packet Signed For then he is covered by PayPal against them not being delivered and if he uses RM then its no harder generally sending anywhere in the world although it can be more complicated if they are a Royal Mail account customer for reasons that are a bit lengthy to go into...

Hi Gentlemen!

Thank you all. I am happy of being part of this community. Thank you Gentlemen!! Happens to be that I got the head lamps (Both, LHD though) and the seller has accepted to ship them to my place via Royal Mail Signature as you guys suggested.
I will need some support to convert them to RHD. Your wisdom is welcome

Regards from Mexico City

That's good news. Just to clear something up - in the UK we drive cars with the steering wheel on the right so UK headlamps will be RHD. I've spent some time in Mexico City and could have sworn your steering wheels are on the left (too much Tequila and Mezcal at the time so impaired memory);) so you will need to convert to LHD.

Back