Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

henessy kit

ggcton

Enthusiast
hennessey kit

Steve when you fitted the R5 carb and manifold where did you route the accelerator cable.
I ran to the radiator and back along the rocker box but it failed within one year (very few miles).
I shortened the cable and hung it from the gearshift with a cable tie to get me home but would like your imput before fitting a new one.
Gary

Gary, did you use the R5 rocker box?? I did and the cable flowed nicely from there in a smooth arc back to the pedal assembly. I don't have the car now so can't take a photo but it was all very straightforward.
Steve

Yes I used the R5 rocker box but my original cable seemed too short ! Perhaps it had been shortened in the past.Gary

I remember using the R5 cable as I had to make a small modification at the pedal end. The original R4 cable is too short. The choke cable is too long though abd this can be safely shortened.
Steve

Thanks Steve I will use an R5 cable.
This one of many jobs over the winter to get the car sound for next summer the largest being changing the clutch but I think I will entrust that one to the village garage.
Gary

Back