Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Immobiliser on Bosch pump

armalite8

Hi all, newbie here.

I've got a Bosch pump to replace my dead Lucas one on the 1.9D 1996 Clio (Got a Bosch cos I want to run on Veg oil), but it has a black plastic box where the solenoid should be that's full of epoxy resin.

I'm guessing this is an immobiliser? If so, can I remove or bypass it and how please? It's the only Bosch pump I could find for an F8Q engine.

Many thanks.

Adam.

well i am a big diesel fan and a renault nutcase so i will answer your questions

yes that is the immobiliser bit originally bolted on at factory with shear headed bolts
not friendly designed to stop thieves hot wiring pump
firstly make sure all orofices on pump are blanked off to stop debris getting in and then using dremil /chisel/ swearing/ patience - delete as aproporiate destroy black bit eventually you will see stop valve with single wire which can be fed with 12v as original

next bit you will need bosch injectors and pipes as pressures are not compatible and pipe routes different
finally the timing marks for bosch and lucas /roto diesel are different and there are severel variants of pulley with lots of possibilities of getting timing wrong !!!!!

have previosly covered this topic in another thread about 21 diesel
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1800

if you want to call me my phone number is on my profile

good luck paul

Thanks

Excellent, thanks.
I've checked the injectors on the car and they're 130bar, which is the spec for a Bosch according the to the Haynes manual, even though it's got a Lucas (prince of darkness) pump on it. Should they be OK?

I will need new pipes though, but I can't seem to find any at the moment, one more breakers to try today ;)

The new pump has a two-part pulley, but I guess if I get the correct timing belt it should still time up to the marks. I was lucky to get a pump that's still on the mounting bracket and hasn't been moved since it came off the last engine, so I'm hoping to get it at least running to the garage where they can do it with the right tool.

Any other advice really very much appreciated.

Adam.

hi adam

from experience when i fitted a running clio f8q clio diesel engine to convert a petrol 2.0 laguna i realised that the lower type pump bracket had no room for alternator and pas pump bracket
feelin lazy had a nother good pump attached to correct bracket but was not same make so then it would not run decided to change injectors to match as seemed less work at that point
car started straight away and 5 yrs later still in use
problem is cant remember if it was bosch or lucas pump i tried to mix so maybe you will be lucky i wasnt
is the pump you have def off clio as brackets are taller off megane /extra van etc ??
the split type pulley is best type for ease of adjustment as long as you assemble it correctly in relation to keyway in pump hope this makes sense - have fun

ps have got a massive box of renault diesel pipes but all un labelled so cant send you any sorry
paul

Going again

Hiya

Well, I got the pipes, swapped the pumps and kept the 130bar injectors.

I was lucky that the Bosch pump came with the bracket off a Clio still on it, so the timing seems about right as it hadn't been moved.

Fired pretty much straight off after bleeding in through and seems happy. A bit smokey, but as it's done 130,000 miles I'll go for the injector cleaner before I mess with the timing.

Thanks all.

Adam :D

Back