Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Info needed...Motor: C2JM7/80 c041366

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Got another offer in..
Anyone out there with info on R5 motor Type:C2JM7/80 ??
What is this?? TL/GTL/TS or what? :confused:
It has new/unused intake and carb on it- is Weber 28/36 ???
What's the cc of this motor? Is this a 1400cc??
Would intake/manifold fit my R5GTLmotor?

PS: Even if this motor should turn out to be a transverce-mounted one would or Could the top-end and /or intake fit on my 810-G726 1289cc????
-Any/All help greatly appreciated! :hug: -R.

Last edited:
A C2J engine is for the Super Cinq Renault 5 and certain Renault 9, 11 and Trafic versions. Most likely it's a 1.4liter engine, but I would have to check. Renault calls these engines Moteur C 847.
The bad news is such an engine is never going to fit the R4 since the 847 models of the C engine are a fair bit bigger and heavier than the 800, 810 and 688 models and it's a transverse mounted engine which is designed to sit slightly ahead of the wheels. I do believe someone in the Netherlands tried to fit a similar engine to a Renault 4 but I have no idea whether this ever was a successful conversion.
The bottomline is NOTHING of the 847 (C2J-7-80 1397cc) can be used for 800-810 or 688 and respective derivatives.

HI there Blacksmith! -Good to have your reply as it verifies what i thought I found out-namely that is's a transverse engine.You are also correct it is a 1400cc..
I've been offered this engine in a deal also containing a new/unused intake-manifold to fit the 2-port 28/36mm. Weber but am not sure this manifold will fit (or can be adapted to fit) my 810-engine..
Also have been offered another B14-4E engine that I believe must be the one fitted into the Volvo 340/360 and possibly the DAF as well.. I've always thought Renault made these engines ???
bellhousing SEEM to me to fit my 354 gearbox ???
Anybody know for sure?? -R.

Am I right in assuming both the Renault 8 S and the R5 TS ,plus the Caravelle used same intake-manifold that accept a doublecorp.Weber...
(even if 8 S and Caravelle were both 1108cc) ??? -R.

Maybe yes, I have a R10 manifold somewhere but cannot remember if the intake is separate from the exhaust.

HI there Blacksmith! -Good to have your reply as it verifies what i thought I found out-namely that is's a transverse engine.You are also correct it is a 1400cc..
I've been offered this engine in a deal also containing a new/unused intake-manifold to fit the 2-port 28/36mm. Weber but am not sure this manifold will fit (or can be adapted to fit) my 810-engine..
Also have been offered another B14-4E engine that I believe must be the one fitted into the Volvo 340/360 and possibly the DAF as well.. I've always thought Renault made these engines ???
bellhousing SEEM to me to fit my 354 gearbox ???
Anybody know for sure?? -R.

I'm not farmiliar with the engine codes used by Volvo but you're absolutely right. Renault had a deal with Volvo to supply engines. DAF cars were taken over by Volvo at some point.
I have a C2J from a R9. I could take a look if the carb might fit my B1B engine. That should be fairly similar to your 810 engine. I'm not very fond of 2-port Weber. In the Renault 9 it gave a lot of headaches. My R9 has a Solex which is userfriendlier.

Back