Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

..Interesting wheels..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..In case anyone is interested, these wheels were recently on French ebay but failed to get any bids.

I can contact the owner if anyone wants me to make him an offer and I can get them sent to my address in France and will bring them back to UK for you, as long as you collect them from London.

And for you knowledgeable chaps, is this pattern common?

• xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 139
Very unusual wheels - I've not seen any like that before. I photoshopped them onto a '67 Renault 4 but they look a little fussy. Would be really interested to know their origins if anyone recognises them.

hi people
think they are off mk1 5 Soleil limited edition about 1981 /82 (but no pics come up if you search google images and no sign of an R5 pool on Flickr
But what do i know , i could be making it up as i go along
think theres some in the famous barn though

paul

edit found link http://www.r5gordini.co.uk/wiki/VPM_983Y

Last edited:
..Where is the Photoshop pic..?

It would be nice to see Malcolm and we could all then judge:

A: How good you are on Photoshop stuff
B: What 'fussy' means ?
C: If Chris is moving to deepest rural France, why does he need a reversing light - I just drive round in a circle as no doubt you do at your big property in Bedfordshire!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well found. They do look very fussy on that Renault 5.

Edit - I didn't save my photoshop pics. Here's one I did with oversize Gordini wheels and low profile tyres to see what it would look like. I'm limited to 145 tyres at the moment.

• cream-r4_144-gordidi.jpg
    cream-r4_144-gordidi.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 130
There's a light blue one round here with those (Gordini) wheels on. It's the car that made me want a R4 :)

..The Fab Four from Fulham.

..Every time I see your threads Tim, I think of you and your project - How is it going? Perhaps its off to Mongolia? Did you ever get your extra bits? Any pics?

This pic is today - 11.30 in the Vendee, Western France - not a cloud in the sky - Fab

• CIMG0030.JPG
    CIMG0030.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 126
Ah, my project, erm, mumble....
It's a bit stalled at the moment due to lack of:
Time
Space
Funds
It's sat on the drive daily reminding me that it wants attention, it's actually a pretty useful shed!

I have got a few spares, wing panels etc. for it, and I fully expect to get stuck in as soon as the weather picks up.

I didn't ever get the rest of the parts offered, once I had collected the car, the parts were suddenly 'not a priority' to be removed, and also stopped being 'free to a good home' :(
I'm also still waiting for the V5 in my name to turn up, though I think that I can apply for one myself?

Don't know anything about the origin of the wheel but few months back there was a set for sale in Sarajevo. They were on an R4 and were sold to another guy with an R4, in short it was a happy end. Here they are...

f_IMG3327m_6c8f867.jpg

f_IMG3329m_04c3c11.jpg

Never mind the wheels!

The wheels do look a little fussy, Malcolm, I agree. But they are nicely polished and show a pride in the car. Dark coloured paint is notorious for showing body imperfections. There are a few minor dings but that is one impressive car from the outside!
Some-one put a note under his wiper and get him to post here.

..What about a comparison Tim..

Tim - Looking at the fine example above, do please post up some photos of your SMALL PROJECT currently sitting in your drive, as I am the only other person to have seen it!!

• R4 racing.jpg
    R4 racing.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 36
Back