Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Just bought one

dug

As we have got rid of our shared car i asked my wife what she would like ,the answer ? a renault 4, So after three or four months of looking and several cars later i found one in a village in wales,so off we went again!.Finding the place was the first problem but having found said farm in back of beyond we were happy to find a resonably good car, After checking around ,over ,and under the vehicle i sent my wife to test drive it while i had a chat with the owners father who was very friendly and like me interested in most things old and mechanical,while having said chat i was asked to look in his garage and in the back corner was another r4 but this one had only done 17,965 miles in 22 years and looked as if just out of the showroom .By the time my wife returned i had agreed a price and asked her to come for a walk to talk about the car and if she liked it .she was just asking me why are we walking into the garage when i pointed out the car hid in the corner and if she preferd this one ,which was a stupid question,So money changed hands and she drove it home .So if you are looking dont give up they are out there

Wow - that sounds like a find. I've got a few ancient R4s with incredibly low mileage, but they have all been stored outside for 40 years so aren't all that useful anymore. Barn finds are the answer.

Do post some photos. How old is it, and what does it need?

Back