Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Run 2010 Photos

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
..It must be The Kent Run..

Thank you Becky and Derek for arranging it - Thank you Malcolm Steve Pepper and our new chum Robert et ALL for a fab turn out in what may losely be termed 'difficult conditions' - It was great to see you all.

Thank you again Robert for making the huge effort to join us here in England for a bit of traditional english fun in the cold and wet and for providing ample supplies of German Fare especially the beer, which cheered us all up...well it did cheer me up.

And lastly, just a quick thank you Mark for todays fun and for doing all the driving on what really was a very wet and cold day - I am just about warmed up and about to have a large sausage and mash for supper!!

Continue to enjoy 'our' car and if enthusiasm was measured in terms of 1 - 10, you get the perfect 10!

Continue to contribute to this fab site and I can't waite to see everyones pics

A fab evening to you all

The Admiral..

Lord Admiral, Air Marshal , Field Marshal, Sir Ian Stanbury

... and to everyone on the run today (I mean The Run , not running from the Law!)

Dedicated too you and our (waterproof) Renaults!

Biggest thanks go to Mr and Mrs Renospeed and their little Renospeeds for giving us all a A Happy Day to Remember!

:hug:

• DSC02343.jpg
    DSC02343.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 544
  • DSC02344.jpg
    DSC02344.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC02345.jpg
    DSC02345.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC02346.jpg
    DSC02346.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC02347.jpg
    DSC02347.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC02348.jpg
    DSC02348.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC02349.jpg
    DSC02349.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 535
Well I got the camera out once and then quickly put it away again as I was most disapointed in the weather conditions.

So the only ones worth looking at are below.

A fantastic day out, thank you very much for taking the trouble to organise the run it was very worthwhile, (even tho we may moan about the weather)

• P1000953.jpg
    P1000953.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 530
  • P1000954.jpg
    P1000954.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 524
  • 02052010006.jpg
    02052010006.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 524
Good to see everyone. Here are a few more pics. I went up to Cambridge with Bertl after the run for a curry. It was dry and sunny up there :D

Made it home in the Gordini after 500km overall (the mileometer seems to be calibrated in km), but very gently for the last part as the head gasket revealed itself as a cause of some of the running problems. :eek:

• wet-road.jpg
    wet-road.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 546
  • mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 535
  • steam-train.jpg
    steam-train.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 507
  • gordini.jpg
    gordini.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 504
Thanks Everyone!

Hi Everyone, thank you all for turning out in such atrocious conditions- the worst weather yet, I think. Well, at least we all know that The Admiral is really a Rain God! Well done all for actually taking some photos (Mr Renospeed couldn't manage to do that) and lets look forward to the next get together.

I've popped some more photos up in an album. Also I forgot to add pictures in there from last year so here's another album.

Did anyone stand out in the rain for long enough to count the numbers? It was good to see the two cars from the Renault historic collection cars on the run. Hope the Plein Air didn't leak too much.

Thanks

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Renospeed for organising the trip - it was a good route with some beautiful scenery.

We forgot to count the cars too! But there was a good turn out considering the weather.

It was great to meet some more R4 owners and to see old faces again. Looking forward to next time!

Jonathan

• r4-kent2010a.jpeg
    r4-kent2010a.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 493
  • r4-kent2010b.jpeg
    r4-kent2010b.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 490
sorry couldnt make it although in view of the weather i may have got a little damp
glad you all had fun

Sorry to miss you Paul. It wouldn't have been much fun in an open car. See you next year hopefully - I've written to the BBC complaining about the weather and have asked them to get their act together for the 50th anniversary run next year.

Hi everybody,
thanks for hospitality & general good fun despite the weather. Have a look at the pictures in the Kent Run #2 album!

All the best
Robert

Did the video of the Gordini making it's way through the ford turn out OK Robert?

I think the 50th Anniversary run is still in the thinking stage, but there was talk about popping across to France for a weekend.

Malcolm, I think you'll have to pm me an email address as I haven't found a way to post a 3MB file to the forum.

Robert

I bet we could find a sponsor to get us to France... Tunnel or Ferry. Even Renault?

Publicity for them ... anglo french relations. Unique photoshoot. 'France designed first modern hatchback' etc.

Small price out of someone's marketing budget!

..... Or, maybe most of us would prefer to keep the 50th personal.

Thanks for sending the video. Here's a screenshot - we took an unusual route back to the motorway (Google Maps) and went through a flood. :D

• amphibious-gordini.jpg
    amphibious-gordini.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 123
Hello Malcolm - can we download the video from the forum? I need to prove to my mum that I had to throw my 'waterproof' jacket away!!!!!

Thanks

Steve

I've loaded the video to [edited out link - doesn't work] You might need to download "VLC Player" to look at it.

Oops - it's not on the list of file types we allow the server to serve (security). I'll email it across.

Back