Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

laguna diesel fuel problem

gavinlaguna

I have recesently bought a laguna estate 2.2 dci
great car to drive but The Diesel pre heat light came on the dash so I changed the fuel filter and now it still comes on and bleeding it is not getting the last bit of air out of it.It will prime up with the hand pump but the air lock seems to be above the bleed off screw which is frustrating to see air in hte clear fuel line .Has anyone eles come across this problem?:( :( :(

I'm not an expert in diesel fuel systems by any means, but I did replace the fuel filter in my Peugeot 406 diesel. Problem for me was water in the fuel. If I remember correctly the filter has a drain screw on the bottom to get rid of water so any you had should have been removed when you replaced the filter. But water can appear as bubbles.

I used the rubber pump to send fuel through the system enough to make the thing start, then relied on the self bleding characteristics of the engine to get rid of the rest. Should run rough for a minute then be OK.

There weren't any sensors in the fuel lines on the Pug. I wonder whether the pre-heat light might be caused by something else. As I say I'm not an expert - we're all Renault 4 owners on this forum and know nothing of the technological wizardry that goes on these days.

Back