Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Laguna - Two issues..?

fhflipper

Hi Guys

I am not a mechanic by any means, but I was wondering if there may be any simple solutions (or thing worth trying) to my problems before I send it off to the garage. Also, I would like to know more about the issues before taking a mechanics word in faith.

1) The car has started stalling alot recently. It happens whenever I use the clutch fully, to change gears etc. Its quite dangerous as the power steering stops working half way through a roundabout. It also has nothing to do the temp of the car - it happens equally at the start of a journey and at the end.

2) Yesterday the rev counter stopped working. I dont think the problems are related, but does anyone have any ideas on this?

Any help/advice would be appreciated as it will be going into the shop this weekend.

Many Thanks
Al

PS: Its a 1996 Renault Laguna 1.8

Problem found

For those of you interested it was the map sensor that needed replacing. The engine was not able to measure the amount of fuel and air going into cylinders.
:)
all sorted now though for a measly £60.

Thanks for reporting back the solution, most people don't. We'll be able to suggest this to others with similar problems in the future.

Sorry we couldn't advise ourselves - most of us own pre-injection Renaults.

Did it fix the rev counter? Wonder if they switch it off as a sign the car is going into limp home mode or similar.

Back